All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. HONKING DATA IN OBD 2

I don’t think so
  4. Hello AutoCarians

@Praveer Verma welcome on board. I too own an Amaze idtec 2014. On the day one I had put cabin filter in my car, I modified A-star’s cabin filter.
  5. Last week
  6. Hello AutoCarians

Welcome aboard Praveer.
  7. Tracking device for bike

Hey Peeps, Looking tracking device with latest tracking technology. Wants to To Track and protect my bike from theft. Should be convenient and secure in terms of usage. Does anyone have any idea, which is the best tracking device for bike, i can go for... Thanks....
  8. Hi, I want to buy Tata Nano Emax, but got to know that CNG version is the old model of nano (i.e. not twist or genX) and it do not have power steeting. So want to know Is it possible to replace existing steering by power stearing to Tata Nano emax CNG version? Is someone there who tried or done this? What would be the cost?
  9. Hello Friends

Hello Friends, I am George and would like to say that I am happy to join this forum and would like to know share and get knowledge about automotive, car information.
  10. should I go with Ford aspire 2017 or 2018

please let me know the launch date of 2018 ford aspire, when can we expect it to arrive at ford showrooms.
  11. Top 5 aftermarket car accessories

My Top 5 items are in no particular order: Music System (2 Din for starters) with better speakers. Reverse car parking assist Dash Camera - Helps in case of accidents and catching perpetrators of vandalism. Tyre Inflator & 2 - 3 tonne Jack Window hammer & Flashlight Also I wish to include, Cabin Air Purifier (not negative Ion generator), with HEPA filters. For Driving security: one should consider adding following: LED DRLs Fog Lights (LED based) Regards, Praveer.
  12. Hello AutoCarians

Hi there, I am Praveer, based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, originally i belong to UP. My family has its fair share of Cars. My Grandfather owned Pre Independence Ford. My Father Owned Fiat, and later Santro, My Sister owned Maruti Alto, and Fiat Linea. I now own Honda Amaze. Between us, we have pretty much experienced the growth of what indian car / Automobile era have till now. I like to keep my cars in mint condition. I hate when some service center engineer tries to sell "Bull" to me. I am constantly looking to find best service for my cars. Sadly I am never 100% satisfied, just like a true petrohead. I wish and like to do stuff by myself (DIY). For Example: i have placed AirFilter (Cabin Filter) in Amaze, even when company did not gave option. I have added active Carbon prefilter over that Air Filter, as 3M or Bauch active carbon cabin filters were not available in Ahmedabad. My assembly works at fraction of cost. Rs600 (Cabin Filter) + Rs850 (Active Carbon Filter pad) = Rs 1450. Whereas Active Carbon Cabin filters costs min Rs2000 and upwards. I am here, to be part of this community. Though I read AutoCar Mags since my teen days. I always like it and loved the reviews it had about cars. Regards, Praveer Verma.
  13. Car Look Enhancers

I got a Porsche Panamera and would like to get it wrapped. Any suggestions from where I should get it done?
  14. Hello All, I just booked the 2016 model 110 PS RxZ AMT and now after seeing the RxS CVT on road that looks good! need some suggestions on which one to freeze? My requirements: 1. daily office commute of 50km in heavy Outer Ring Road traffic of Bengaluru 2.Once in a quarter highway rides of ~800km with Family of 5 and a kid The reason I went for the diesel AMT was due to the discounts upto 1.6L i got for te OTR price of 16.4L The Duster CVT costs 12.26 OTR in Bengaluru. AMT has below key features in addition to CVT 1.Navigation on Media-Nav unit 2.Cruise Control 3. Auto Climate contrl on AC 4.Lumbar Support for driver and seat adjust 5.Electrical ORVMs Need you help in deciding on these! Thanks
  15. Video Review: 2017 BMW 520d (G30)

@F30 perfect review of BMW 520d. The video was great. What we have in India, referring to BMW X5, does it come with any hybrid feature?
  16. BS-VI impact on Diesel Cars (SUV)

@AbhinavGuptas quote,”Sulphur helps the injectors in a diesel engine, thanks to its chemical lubrication properties. Low sulphur fuels will damage and cause wear to injectors, and with damaged injectors, fuel may flood or not reach the engine with the correct pressure through the injectors. And more unburnt...”, unquote. The article is all nonsense as far as lubrication properties of sulphur is written. Very low or Sulphur free diesel will be a unaccomplished dream in our country with all the adulteration that is happening. You don’t worry about the BSIV or BSVI go ahead and enjoy your ride. FYI: Due to ignition delay of diesel, it requires more time to efficiently burn in the engine, so running the engine at 1500~2000rpm will be perfect and wouldn’t clog the catalytic converter/ turbo blades/EGR valve. Fouling of above items due to inefficient burning(high speeds) will spoil your engine.
  17. Honda WRV or S-Cross

@Mahesh24 efficient turbocharger on 1.2L engine will perform better and would be more fuel efficient. This car has better sound insulation than the WR-V. Honda’s customer support is poor. MARUTI ‘s customer support is one of the best. S-cross has great built quality.
  18. Maruti Versa Tyres

This isn’t true that Versa has a tyre wear problem. 30,000km is fair enough. Don’t rely on the advice of service centre personnels. If you versa isn’t going to left or right on a straight road then no need to do wheel alignment or wheel balancing ever. Don’t buy from online sites except amazon.in
  19. Honda WRV or S-Cross

Both are different cars, one is compact <4m (WR-V), while other S-Cross is longer, so are their price points. As a complete car (sapce, features, ride and handling, A.S.S etc) S-Cross is better. However, it has the same 1.3 MJD running which other Maruti cars also have. Though it gets the job done but for a heavy car like S-Cross it's definitely under powered. If you are looking for diesel option, then 1.5 L of WR-V is much better. There is no petrol option in S-Cross so WR-V is your default option. However, if you are open to other options then I will suggest you take a good look at newly launched Tata Nexon and Ford Ecosport. Out of these 4 options, my pick will be Ford Ecosport (be it diesel or petrol).
  20. Honda WRV or S-Cross

Go for better engune performance. My personal Experience is that features are gimmic except some must one. You will never miss gimmics in a car but you will surely miss an engine performaance. Maruti is now more focussing on mileage than performance and hence downgraded s cross engine from 1.6L to 1.2 L
  21. Should I wait for 2018 Honda City?

Honda city facelift is expected in 2019. so if you are in need of car now, buy 2017 Honda city without looking here and there.
  22. should I go with Ford aspire 2017 or 2018

wait if you can for 2018 aspire. as it will have new dragon engine with enhanced features with new infotainment . if urgent go for 2017 it has enough goodies better than segment as well . the only thing i don't like is it's rear and hope it will be resolved with 2018 model.
  23. Earlier
  24. Dear Autocar AAA – I’m regular autocar subscriber since many years and really happy with the mag. I own maruti versa dx1 model mfg and registered in nov 2008. As per my usage 64000 kms till now, I have changed the tyres once during 34000 kms. As per the recommendations and general thumb rules the tyre should wear at least 40k kms but since many tyre dealers and the maruti dealers and many other garage guys said that the versa has problem of early tyre wear, so I had to change the tyres without any discounts from the company. This time also hardly after 30000 kms are done and the tyres have worn out instead of regular alignment and balancing every 5k kms. My driving is only in the city and highway in between pune to Kolhapur, ratnagiri, belgam i.e. more on the banglore highway. Please guide me in this case. As it is I need to accept that the model has tyre wear problem and I can’t change the car itself for such small reason as I’m very satisfied with what it offers me. Please advise me to get the good set of tyres for my maruti versa dx1 model. As per company the recommended tyre size is 155/80 R13 LT. the dealers told me last time that the suffix LT stands for Light Truck. Now this time after inquiry with many tyre dealers some says that 155 R13 is also regularly used and doesn’t harm anything. Most of these are tubeless and I’ll also prefer tube less tyres. I think the 155/80 R13 LT is exact match which is available only from Apollo Should I go ahead with apollo or any other brands ..? A bit border tyre for extra grip will also be helpful , if it is not going to hamper the steering feel and milage as well. Should I check the total suspension and steering assembly before tyre change ? Recelntly came across the advertise in auto car about ceat MILAZE X3 which gurantees one lakh kms. Will those tyres last atleast 60000 kms ? Please suggest with details for the specific choice. Thanking you in anticipation Balaji Kale Pune.
  25. HONKING DATA IN OBD 2

I want to know if OBD 2 collects data on how much driver has honked during the drive? is there a direct or indirect way to measure that? Thanks,
  26. I booked Hyundai Tucson Diesel, and was quite happy about it. But came across this recent news about upcoming BS-VI in April 2018 http://www.financialexpress.com/auto/car-news/bs6-fuel-in-delhi-ncr-by-april-2018-and-what-it-means-for-your-car-two-wheeler-and-pollution/934988/ Based on my research, it seems that current BS-IV diesel engines will get wear tear with BS-VI fuel. I am discouraged now to buy a diesel car, as I live in Gurgaon I will get the car possibly in December Resale value of Diesel SUV might be impacted as well. What do you suggest about buying a diesel car now? Shall I go ahead and cancel my booking? Thanks, Abhinav
  27. Hi All, I am planning to buy petrol 1.2L ford aspire(sedan) soon. Please let me know if I can place the order in December 2017 for better deals or wait for couple of months and go with 2018 model. I don't have any intentions to resale the vehicle, planing to keep it for long time. I am a bit confused between aspire 2017 and 2018. Please help me decide. Thanks
  28. Honda WRV or S-Cross

Folks, I am planning to buy a Compact SUV. I have shortlisted Wrv and S-Cross. I am confused as which to select. S-Cross has more features than Wrv, but Wrv has a better engine performance. Friends, kindly provide your suggestions. Regards, Mahesh
  29. Should I wait for 2018 Honda City?

I am planning to buy Honda City. Currently Seventh Generation Face Lifted Honda City is being sold in India. I have read few articles stating that Next Generation Honda City will be launched around February 2018. I am planning to get the latest Honda City as possible. Will there be a updated version of Honda City in 2018? Should I wait for Honda City 2018 (FaceLift/Next Generation)? Please advice me on this.
  1. Load more activity