Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dr_nishu

Ford KA/Figo sedan begins testing, Spied in Brazil

11 posts in this topic

Brazilian media reports have also indicated that Ford is planning a sedan derivative on the 2015 Ford Figo, which has been codenamed B562.

post-67-0-02381100-1384096956.jpg

Ford is indeed working on a sedan based on the next gen Figo. This test mule was spotted in suburban Detroit, and though its fully camouflaged, the front fascia looks exactly like the B562 prototypes testing in Brazil.

In Brazil, Ford conducted a customer clinic for the new Figo & Figo-based sedan in mid-September. The sampling population were shown prototypes of the new Figo and Figo sedan, and were asked whether the sedan should be named Ka Max, Ka Sedan or Figo.

post-67-0-28953500-1384096964_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-27807800-1384097085_thumb.jpg

From these spyshots, it seems as though the Figo sedan would measure over 4 meters in length, though a sub-4m version, if developed, would be a great alternative to the Dzire and Amaze.

Source: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/11/spy-shots-a-new-scion-sedan/ via IAB.

Looks good. I think its a lower end variant because it doesn't have coloured mirrors and alloys. And IMO sub 4m would be great for competetors lke Swift Dzire, Amaze.

@dr_nishu: Good catch Nishu, I wonder how could Ford missed out on sub 4M opportunity in Indian market. But seems they would surely explore it now after Amaze's success.

The Figo is dying for a replacement in the midst of hot competition, and this one looks like it will play its part. Figo is selling only on its virtues and the market share is surely dropping in view of strong rivals. The rear end is similar to the Grand i10 and the front end like an Aston-Martin (the new family look). Kind of best of both worlds!

I own the current Figo and will swear by it any day for its honest credentials and fun-to-drive nature. Looking forward to see the latest avatar in India soon!

Relying on one good selling product at a time worked good for Ford India sequentially, from Ford Figo to Ford EcoSport & to march ahead ford is going to bank on Fiesta facelift to fill the time void till New Figo compact sedan takes shape into production in early 2015.

However this car is long overdue, considering current Figo already looked like current crop of cars at its time of its launch.

End-2015 is expected launch, lets see how story unfolds, meanwhile expect Ford's gujarat plant to get operational by that time also.