unknownbullet

scooter buying query

20 posts in this topic

How is Mahindra rodeo uzo against activa 125 and Jupiter ? which is better to buy ?Is Mahindra scooter reliable on long term ? I have not found any review on any website about Rodeo uzo ?please answer in detail I have to buy urgently.Thanks

AlusGoda likes this

I have the Jupiter and Activa i both. It's really hard to choose between the two. Jupiter feels mature and planted and I would say has an engine that is falling a little short of the activa's in terms of acceleration. But sure is a winner from TVS.

Sorry cannot comment on the Mahindra Rodeo.

Thank for your reply I have bought ACTIVA 125 CC WHICH HAS MORE POWER THAN ACTIVA AND HAVE TELESCOPIC SUSPENSION HOPE IT WOULD PROVE GOOD IN LONG RUN LIKE ACTIVA

It has run 100 km so far and running smoothly I feel riding is better than old activa ,not tested the mileage yet . but company claims it is 54 against 60 of Activa lets see what is on road mileage for it. will update later

After filling the tank full I have driven 189 km and again fill the tank the quantity filled was 3.5 liters means average it gave is 189/3.5 = 54. Its amazing .After checking further I will update .

Congrats for the reliable scooter !! When you buy any scooter then remove the FE from your mind and enjoy the ride and flexibility. By the way how is the suspension feel as Activa was pathetic in bad roads

can anybody help me..i have a 7 months old honda activa and i get a milage of 30 kmpl.engine oil has been changed and serviced twice.service centre guy tells me the engine will get set after 2000 kms and i have done only 1354 kms till now.

please help me.

You go to workshop an tell them to do mileage test .In that they will take 100 ml of petrol in a bottle and connect it to the engine and will run the scooter the distance it travel multiply by 10 will be the mileage .In this manner you can have real mileage figure an dif it is less you can tell workshop people to repair it.

Thanks man after your suggestion i tried this thing yesterday itself in the service centre while giving it for 3rd servicing and the scooter ran for only 3.2 kms. :mellow::( .The authorised service centre is not at all cooperating with me and is now telling that the engine will get set after 4000 km.

Now you have proof that scooter is not giving proper mileage so you can write to company directly and can also file complaint in consumer forum ,Because engine should set after first service .so don't listen to them .

MY activa 125 cc is giving around 48 mileage .this is average because sometimes it gives higher than this and sometimes less than this.It runs very smooth above 40kph. you can easily take it upto 80 ,th espeed upto which I have driven an dI thinks it can go beyond that also easily ,below 40 its o.k and ride is not much improved than activa and I feels if both wheels would be 12 inches it would be better handler.

The only problem which I am facing is it doesn't start in the morning without applying 4-5 kicks and choke.after some running it becomes o.k but if engine is cool ,then you have to apply kick

Hmm it is the same problem these days with all Honda 110cc, even my dream yuga needs a kick start in the morning. I drove a Jupiter recently and its great with suspension and control

I have also took test drive of Jupiter and I also found it good .but some how activa 125 was purchased.It si ok the only problem is starting when engine is cool.It is annoying .At least it should start in one kick.

I have again checked the mileage of my activa 125 cc .The last time I filled the fuel tank full and then run it 241 kms and again filled the tank and the petrol filled in was 5 lit, so again it is around 48 km/l.So far scooter is O.k .

I have spoken to hondas call centre.they said they will be looking into the matter asap.let me see if i get a good response,if its unsatisfactory then i will surely move to consumer court.Thanks a lot.

hi guys

I am back after long gap with the same query which scooter to buy which gives me more comfort with the suspension set up it has. my bike dream yuga is 5 years old now and not many complaints but have to migrate to a scooter for some personal reasons. Look forward to receive your inputs on the same