anushaasheesh

Tyres for 15 Inch

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have Manza Elan Quadrajet 2012.

Done 42000 Kms fitted with stock 185/60 R 15 84 T Bridgestone tyres.

Since i stay in Bangalore city roads are worst and highways are good.

As a replacement am planning for 195/65 R 15 JK tyres.

Kindly suggest if it is a good idea and also how much tyre pressure i should maintain. As of now it is 32 as prescribed.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Why are you downgrading from Bridgestone to JK? 42k is a decent performance by any standards. Why not get Bridgestone Potenza or Michelin XM2 or Hankook or Yoko. Your tyre dealer is the best person to throw some light on the tyre pressure query.

You can check the ideal upsizing recommendation on changemytyre.com

Thanks Kuntal, Bridgestone tyres are hard and over the period of time the ride becomes stiff.

In my other cars i had similar experience. I had a Zen that did 1,89,000 and of all tyres i found JK / MRF the best.

changemytyre is the best site for ideal situations but BLR has opposite of ideal. :)

Anusha,

Are you suggesting that JK and MRF are softer than Bridgestone? I have a few friends in Bangalore and they never complained so much about tyres and stiffer ride. Will check with them if they are facing similar issues.

I think you should also put Apollo Acelere in the mix. They are doing duty on my polo at the moment and provide a balance ride if not the best. I drove a friends polo fitted with Michelin XM2 and the ride quality is on another level, not to mention the decreased road noise. Still getting the Apollo over Bridgestone is considered a downgrade. I have previous experiences with Bridgestone and Good year and I would really not recommend Goodyear to you.

Hmm it is as better as less we talk about JK especially the Tornados which are really useless stiff tyres.

If you want super grip and comfortable ride and not bothered on quick worn-out then go for Michelin XM2

If you want best of both worlds then opt for MRF,BS,Appolo,Yokos, Good year

IF you are concerned on long life and not bothered on comfort or grip, then choose JK eyes closed, but beware if your usage is less then they will become brittle very soon