britto

Pics: All new Mahindra Scorpio EDIT: Now launched

21 posts in this topic

This is it..The all new Mahindra Scorpio 2014 !!

I guess only loyal Scorpio lovers Might love the looks of this one.Seriously Mahindra could have done a better job in the looks department.What were they even thinking while designing the tail lamps cluster???

No question regarding the performance, it will be as solid as it was and even better !

Fingers crossed , have to wait for another week for the unveiling !!

post-47635-0-89462800-1411147566_thumb.j

post-47635-0-23298500-1411147574_thumb.j

For me, it looks a bit odd.

But, probably, the looks might grow on us and we may start liking sooner than later.

I saw that Snapdeal is also taking booking now. Did SUVs become so simple to buy ?

Exactly !! We might perhaps fall in love with this design , after all it's a Scorpio !!

Yeah, booking an SUV might be the first step towards purchasing an Vehicle online :)

While the front is nice in a way it does seem a misfit to the body shape, that rear is just hideous to say the least. Whats with the blue on the tail lamps. The current Scorpio is still a better looking car than this .

From the spy pics that Ive seen, the interiors are much much better now.

The excess of the black panels won't do much to make it look better. The looks will definitely catch a few off guard, but I guess a darker coloured model would look far better than this plain white one. That still can't fix the little blue patch on the tail lamp.

A Malaysian automobile blogger once criticised the Scorpio holding nothing back, for reasons including wide panel gaps. This one looks relatively tight.

The front seems to have lost that butch look of the earlier one and rear seems patchy to say the least.

But the main changes will be interiors and improvement to ride quality and gear shifts.

If these things have been taken care then we can expect it to continue further on the success of the old model.

BTW, when I checked on Snapdeal last week, 8 seat configuration variants seems to be the choice as they were not available then in any color/variant.

Edited by sachins

Front looks are clearly inspired by the Recent Toyota SUV designs such as the 4-RUnner sold in North America.

The rear plastic job was not required. Looks too tacky. Rather they should've tried and put the Spare wheel on the door for a much more macho look..

It looks like the designers were very confused and tried Sumo+Prado+bolero+scorpio :P

Rear looks to be not at all impressive neither like old one or new one and those blue lights :o

post-7692-0-72812500-1411640659_thumb.jp

I attended the launch of the new Scorpio today in Mumbai. While I didnt like it much in the pictures, its much better in the flesh. The Scorpio gets a new chassis, a new gearbox and lots of features such as :

• Projector headlamps
  • LED Eyebrows
  • Rear LED tail lapms
  • 17 inch alloys
  • A touch screen infotainment system
  • Blue grey interiors
  • Chrome finished AC vents
  • Power windows are now located on the doors panels
  • Shift on the fly 4WD
  • Cushion suspension technology
  • Rain and light sensors
  • Dual air bags and ABS
  • Intellipark system
  • Tyre tronics

Five colours on offer: Diamond white, Fiery black, Molten red, Regal blue and Mist silver

There will be 6 variants: S2,S4,S6,S6+, S8 and S10. Here is the pricing

post-7692-0-44229900-1411640607_thumb.jp

Detailed pictures of the new Scorpio in the next post

Finally as we are getting used to the looks, I guess I started to even like the looks :)

Thanks to the review by Renuka of AUTOCAR INDIA :)

And apart from the looks, everything is new to this workhorse. Right from the chassis, suspension and the interiors are looking classy too !!

I think so every body disliked the car in leaks, but after the launch it has started to look quite decent. Being a Scorpio owner, no doubt it has got the best engine in the segment but long term reliability would still be an issue.

Mahindra has announced genuine accessories for the Scorpio. Her's the list of whats available

• Chrome package which includes grille inserts
  • Bonnet scoop,
  • Foglamp enclosures, door handles, D-Pillar air airflow vents
  • Wing mirror housing, rear registration plate applique and rear bumper reflectors.
  • Front and rear bumper guards, ‘rally’ foglamps (to be mounted on the front bumper guard),
  • Choice of two alloy wheel designs (17- and 15-inchers),
  • Ski rack, illuminated scuff plates
  • Body colored rear spoiler with brake lights

On the interior, you can get

• Range of dual-tone art leather seat covers, floor mats
  • In-car inverter
  • Cooled storage compartment, mobile charge, coat hanger, car cushions
  • 9-inch headrest mountable monitors, or 7-inch in-built monitors (integrated into the front headrests) central woofer,
  • Head Up Display
  • DVD player

post-7828-0-86643100-1412577974_thumb.jppost-7828-0-80177800-1412577975_thumb.jp

Source

Im keen to know about safety in this new Scorpio. Has Mahindra carried out changes to make it safer ? Or do the new chassis make it crash complaint ?