ksgulyani

Best petrol buy under 8L

21 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a fully loaded car with a budget of 8L. I narrowed down Baleno, i20, to be launched Ignis and upcoming Brezza Petrol. 

Brezza will prove to be a costly bet. Baleno appears to win my vote for features. 

What do you recommend?

Also, Is there any upcoming car to watch out for?

From current list of cars on sale, you should check out Baleno, i20 and Jazz.

However, for petrol i will prefer Baleno followed by Jazz.

Ignis shall sit below Baleno in Nexa lineup and will be more compact car.

Regarding Brezza petrol we haven't heard any concrete news on it's launch. Moreover, I am not a fan of it's interior quality,

Most of new launches in hatchback segment (new Swift etc) shall be only in 2nd half of 2017.

However, you may wait for Baleno RS (turbo charged petrol) which as per report might launch in Feb.

6 hours ago, sachins said:

From current list of cars on sale, you should check out Baleno, i20 and Jazz.

However, for petrol i will prefer Baleno followed by Jazz.

Ignis shall sit below Baleno in Nexa lineup and will be more compact car.

Regarding Brezza petrol we haven't heard any concrete news on it's launch. Moreover, I am not a fan of it's interior quality,

Most of new launches in hatchback segment (new Swift etc) shall be only in 2nd half of 2017.

However, you may wait for Baleno RS (turbo charged petrol) which as per report might launch in Feb.

Thanks Sachins. 

Currently I am planning to wait for IGNIS as the car seems promising and there is a growing trend towards hatch like SUV's. But will surely wait till Baleno RS too. But considering Baleno alpha shoots upto to 8.2L on road Delhi seems Baleno RS will be costly.

Yes, Brezza interiors are a big let down to me also. 

Also, new Swift seems a let down in terms of design to me. (looks are subjective though)

Jazz to me seems more utilitarian than a personal car. 

3 hours ago, suneshk said:

Ford Figo/ Ford Figo Aspire

Thanks suneshk,

Seing steady decline in figo sales seems a let down and also after sales isn't good either so that's the primary reason of not going with Ford

After sales services of almost all cars is poor. All (Authorised Service Stations, ASS) will be happy to serve you as long as you are getting them undetake jobs suggested by them. They aren't interested in solving any problem but renew!

If you vigilant enough and go as per owner's manual then ASS guys will careful when suggesting anything to you. Parent company Maruti-Suzuki is very strict and takes action against any employee in ASS, if you complain against him. 

Ignis i feel somehow will go down the S-Cross way, i simply hate them both.

Stick to Brezza and Baleno.

Stretching your budget for a better vehicle is always advisable.

13 hours ago, vikky1971 said:

After sales services of almost all cars is poor. All (Authorised Service Stations, ASS) will be happy to serve you as long as you are getting them undetake jobs suggested by them. They aren't interested in solving any problem but renew!

If you vigilant enough and go as per owner's manual then ASS guys will careful when suggesting anything to you. Parent company Maruti-Suzuki is very strict and takes action against any employee in ASS, if you complain against him. 

Yes ASS is an issue with most but being to Maruti and Hyundai you don't feel much pain in cost as compared to others. Thanks to better part cost even after facelifts and model change.

5 hours ago, librankur said:

Ignis i feel somehow will go down the S-Cross way, i simply hate them both.

Stick to Brezza and Baleno.

Stretching your budget for a better vehicle is always advisable.

Well pre-bookings say a way around. Primarily since there is not a single difference in features betweern Baleno and Ignis. Although I will be waiting for Ignis Launch and Baleno RS, though feel that Ignis could prove to a successful just for carrying forward cues from so many legacy models of successful Suzuki's.

I went to go ahead for Brezza but one look inside ZDI+ interiors, one will feel ashamed of quality at approx 11Lakh onroad price of such a car specially when Suzuki itself has Ciaz,Baleno,Swift in it's own lineup with great interor quality.

Ignis being a NEXA exclusive, one can expect good quality product. 

Baleno is indeed a great buy though. 

For practicality aspect no one can beat Honda Jazz, but Test Drive it thoroughly to check & feel its driving experience, as it varies from Driver point of view.

However for that aspect Baleno is better as it's Sporty, Driving oriented, but there are rumours for its 2017 mild update. So you should wait for that. 

Ignis on the other hand seems to be a very promising product. Check it too.

Last but not the least, There's not any information on Vitara Brezza petrol yet. If you have any then do let us know too.

Edited by dr_nishu
Text editing

Looking at the prices at which Ignis has been launched, I think you will be much better off with Baleno.

Also, if you are not averse to sedans then do look at Ciaz. Vxi comes at 8.3 lacs OTR Delhi i think and there is scope for discount too.

I was presnt at the IGNIS Electronation yesterday and I must say I am very very impressed by the build quality of the car. It is undoubtedly the best Maruti has ever build, be it paint finish, interiors look and feel or chrome garnishes. All give a car really really premium look. Diesel model pricing is a bit steap considering KUV-100 and Swift but the car has enough to wow you at that price. 

Considering the crossover theme, it fits well below other cross hatches - Etios cross, Polo cross, Punto urban cross and famous i20 activ.

The car also surprises you with space it offers. Only issue would be 3 big people at back. Boot space on number seems decent but actually seems pretty impressive, thanks to the way it is carved out. 

In Maruti's own lineup, IGNIS though may have entry point below swift but considering LDi vs Delta, VDi vs Zeta and ZDi vs Alpha, car sits between Swift and Baleno.

One thing is for sure, Maruti is on to set a new benchmark in terms of quality with this product, and seeing the response, it will be a successful premium crossover. The car may not wow you in pictures but one personal look, you will surely be amazed!

Here are some captures from yesterday's event!

IMG_7653.JPG

IMG_7660.JPG

IMG_7661.JPG

IMG_7673.JPG

See Jazz is just inferior compared to Baleno. 

Now it depends on what you want. But from my experience, I feel that the car should definitely be spacious. Ignis would more or less be offering same space as Swift, so Baleno should be your bet. 

If you can extend your budget, love driving, can skip on a few features, you have three very worthy upcoming cars. Honda city facelift(January), Baleno RS(Feb), Ciaz update(April). 

I have narrowed my choice on Ignis and Baleno. Took a test drive of both, despite having same engine, Ignis seems to be tuned better and confidence inspiring to drive. Baleno seems to be no nonsense car which doesn't want to be in a hurry when compared to Ignis. Ignis has an upper hand in terms of just looks and road presence. Looks are always subjective but this car cannot be ignored on road. Also since Ignis commands a waiting for 8weeks, I have booked Ignis Alpha 1.2 for now.

3 hours ago, ksgulyani said:

I have narrowed my choice on Ignis and Baleno. Took a test drive of both, despite having same engine, Ignis seems to be tuned better and confidence inspiring to drive. Baleno seems to be no nonsense car which doesn't want to be in a hurry when compared to Ignis. Ignis has an upper hand in terms of just looks and road presence. Looks are always subjective but this car cannot be ignored on road. Also since Ignis commands a waiting for 8weeks, I have booked Ignis Alpha 1.2 for now.

Congrats!!

I think 8 weeks waiting is still quite less compared to Baleno and you might get your car earlier as you booked it early.

Thanks sachins :)

Yes waiting is less and because of Alpha model. Delta/Zeta have 12 week waiting.

For Baleno also, Delta/Zeta have 16 week waiting while Aplha has 10 weeks waiting. 

Got my car a day back! That was really quick thanks to pre-booking :)

I bought Ignis Alpha Petrol (Tinsel Blue with midnight black Dual Tone) and the car is definitely a head turner! Where ever I drove it to, everyone just turned over to look at it. Even at parking, car was constantly surrounded by people. 

While looks are quite subjective for a person, but one cannot just ignore IGNIS on road. 

Next, the engine. It is a delightful engine which is happy to rev as much as you want. Surprisingly when you slow down let's say on a speed breaker and you are on 4th gear, the car will pick up smoothly without any jerks. 

The gearbox is extremely smooth and buttery like typical Hyundai's and car is quite stable at triple digit speed as well. 

The U-shaped DRL stand out quite nicely and LED projector lamps have amazing white light in dark which is not available even is cars 2-3 segments above!

The car is peppy, sporty and as per readings quite fuel efficient too. 

Cabin has an amazing feel and all my friends won't believe it to be a Maruti Suzuki at one go.