Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhavneet

Need help guys - Engine vibrations : Swift Diesel

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys! I have been off from the forum for quite sometime now, coming back for good now. My ride, swift vdi 2013 model has completed 95000 Kms without any hassles until now. For the past few days there seems to be some issue with the engine. Following are some scenarios explaining the issue:

1. Slight fluctuating rpm while cold start , and more prominent fluctuations while switching on the AC along with engine vibrations. I understand the low RPM on a cold start but this is something new. 

2. While accelerating on highways (80-100 KMPH) there is a noticeable vibrations/car shaking feel . This worries me a lot as I have never experienced this.

3. My brother also owns the same model/year combination. He turned on the car on a cold start and immediately told me about engine vibrations which are not there in his car.

4. I am running 16" wheel/rims combo, so your immediate reply maybe the wheel balancing part but the strange part there is no vibrations or wobbling in the steering wheel. Plus I recently changed tires on 90000 Kms with balancing and alignment done, so that point maybe ruled out.

I spoke to the Maruti service adviser who attended me on the 90K service, as per his advice the engine mounts can be an issue , if replaced it would set me back by approx. Rs 10,000/-.  

I wanted to gather as much info as possible before taking the car to the service station. Reaching out to the experts here in the community, I would really appreciate your inputs.

Cheers!

@bhavneet this forum is not happening forum  like teambhp. 

Well! Coming back to your ride. It's not the engine mounting problem. Get the diesel filter(disposable one) renewed and the diesel pump has a strainer, in the fuel tank, to be inspected and get it cleaned. Inspect the air filter and clean it, refer any YouTube video for that. Problem with the diesel car is that if any of the fuel injector under-performs the vibration issue will start. Can you ask some service guy to check the peak pressure(bar) of each cylinder, all the four readings should be nearly same, if value of any one is less than the average value by 5 bar then that fuel injector needs overhauling, this last step is extreme. The problem would either be clogged air filter or clogged fuel filters.

keep us updated.

10 hours ago, vikky1971 said:

@bhavneet this forum is not happening forum  like teambhp. 

Well! Coming back to your ride. It's not the engine mounting problem. Get the diesel filter(disposable one) renewed and the diesel pump has a strainer, in the fuel tank, to be inspected and get it cleaned. Inspect the air filter and clean it, refer any YouTube video for that. Problem with the diesel car is that if any of the fuel injector under-performs the vibration issue will start. Can you ask some service guy to check the peak pressure(bar) of each cylinder, all the four readings should be nearly same, if value of any one is less than the average value by 5 bar then that fuel injector needs overhauling, this last step is extreme. The problem would either be clogged air filter or clogged fuel filters.

keep us updated.

@vikky1971 yeah lets make it happening then :) . 

I changed the air filter recently so that probability can be ruled out. I got the injectors cleaned in the last service at 80k however i'll keep this in mind while discussing it with SA. The cylinder pressure is something to look at. Just curious when you say this step is extreme, what is the expected damage to the pocket? 

@bhavneet I really don't know the cost but needle and guide in a injector would cost 2500₹ each. Still not sure of its cost. Single injector costs around 5000₹. Check the disposable filter, diesel pump's suction strainer(location:in the tank) and the peak pressures. If peak pressures are fine then no need to touch the injectors.

Keep us all updated with your troubleshooting.

On 10/08/2017 at 6:29 PM, vikky1971 said:

@bhavneet I really don't know the cost but needle and guide in a injector would cost 2500₹ each. Still not sure of its cost. Single injector costs around 5000₹. Check the disposable filter, diesel pump's suction strainer(location:in the tank) and the peak pressures. If peak pressures are fine then no need to touch the injectors.

Keep us all updated with your troubleshooting.

Sure, have planned a visit to MSS next weekend, will keep the post updated.