speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

1,387 posts in this topic

Given a budget of 10k , what will you buy for a kid 9 - 10 year old whose parents have fixed 10 k as the upper limit for all gifts from close family , last year it went a bit crazy for them.

I was thinking about the cheap laptop they have just now released for below 10K , did a bit of research on them and did not find anything wrong with them.

The other thing i was looking at is the Amkette EVO 2 , that connects with the TV and can do a host of things.

What do you have to say

Visiting Delhi ,pollution levels are alarming , looking for a an Air Purifier , that does justice to the word Air Purifier for my parents home,

Have just today (Sunday) to shop for the same , any suggestions to share budget around 50K

Both brand and model number desired.

21 hours ago, librankur said:

Visiting Delhi ,pollution levels are alarming , looking for a an Air Purifier , that does justice to the word Air Purifier for my parents home,

Have just today (Sunday) to shop for the same , any suggestions to share budget around 50K

Both brand and model number desired.

Philips AC4372/10 63-Watt Air Purifier (White) 44000₹

On 23/05/2016 at 0:04 AM, librankur said:

Given a budget of 10k , what will you buy for a kid 9 - 10 year old whose parents have fixed 10 k as the upper limit for all gifts from close family , last year it went a bit crazy for them.

I was thinking about the cheap laptop they have just now released for below 10K , did a bit of research on them and did not find anything wrong with them.

The other thing i was looking at is the Amkette EVO 2 , that connects with the TV and can do a host of things.

What do you have to say

How about a bicycle from Firefox or decathlon(French store).

The air purifier when switched on has a red led lit up , showing the air quality, it then changes to blue in stages

Tried it in the smallest of rooms to see if it really works , it did

At least the led changed from red to light purple,dark purple and finally blue.Dont know it air got cleaned as the light indication is the only source of any information.

It took around 6 hrs for a small 10*10 room

@vikky1971 looking for a new printer for my home 

Has to be a Wireless WiFi one , inkjet or laser , colour or black, multi function device ( print , copy , scan)

Give me your recommendations of as many as you want.

Any particular techy website running comparisions

PS : which one do you use back home.

@librankur I am using brother laser jet wireless, auto both side printing, scanner. It lacks auto both side page scanning that comes in MFC series. Brother website compares various printers from its site. Mine is black & white. Earlier I had a colour inkjet, it was scanner cum colour printer. The cartridges would dry up after few weeks and you can't even scan unless their is ink in your printer cartridges😓. Having a inkjet printer is a big headache.

My brother printer(DCP-L2541DW) is being discontinued but spares are available. Ink is dry powder so can't dry up. You will get good deals on Multi Function Centres (MFC) on Amazon.

Looking for a 2Ton Window AC and voltage stabiliser 

Suggest top brands with model numbers

Buying by Sunday

Budget 50k for both