Query on maintainance of HONDA BRIO

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bpmishra92
  • bpmishra92
  • Learner License

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Guys,
I am deciding on buying a new car for mostly in-city travel, and occasionally for highway travelling, around 200-300 Kilometers. Budget being around 5 Lakh, honda brio smt seems a good option. The other being Hyundai i10 sportz, kappa2. Hyundai is giving me heavy discount on their price, final offer being 4.5 Lakh, (Maruti 800 being given in the exchange).

The Pros and cons are-

-Brio is definitely a better engineered car I feel, with good interiors and it's truly awesome to drive. Apart from that, a joy of owning a honda \m/.
-It gives me wider tires and more power, which I presume will be better for long drives
-Forums online claim that Honda mileage is in fact a tad better than the i10

but what's stopping me for going for it is the maintenance aspect involved. Brio comes shipped as a unti from japan. In case of maintenance issues, I am being told that I will have to wait a long time for repairs. Also, the service stations are really very few. One in Chennai and the next nearest being Bangalore.

Also, since they have monopoly (All parts being OEM), they migh charge extravagantly high for it. And, layman's doubt-what if they intentionally put faulty parts in my car close to the warranty period being over, so that I have to run to them for repairs?

Is it good to for a brio if I want a hassle free car, at the same time, want less maintenance, and even it must arise every 2-3 years, cheap maintenance?

Sstar
  • Sstar
  • Advanced License

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well till Honda does not settle down with after shocks of Japan's devastation, though they have come up fast but still recovering - you should assume that maintenance will be high.

I think you should go for Swift Vxi which will satisfy all your concerns.

For i10...I would say avoid it as the rear suspension is bumpy on speed.
Sstar2012-03-26 15:54:12

neerajd
  • neerajd
  • Advanced License
  • LocationPune, India

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yes.. check out the Ritz and the Swift for sure.. Although this might stretch your budget a little above 5, I feel its worth it. And under exchange, I'm sure you'll get it under 5.
Also, do check out WagonR VXi as well. Will come loaded with everything and is a nice car too.
To be honest, i10 is not a bad car either. 4.5 I'm guessing here is for the Sportz variant?

Karmaniac
  • Karmaniac
  • Learner License

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

First of all, Brio does NOT comes as a unit shipped from Japan. With Brio Honda has achieved localization levels of more than 80%. Simply put anything that can go wrong is made in India and can be replaced quickly.

Having one myself and read about experiences of people owning Honda and Hyundai both on other forums, I would recommend Brio for-

* Superb Engine (more power, refinement)

* Great fuel economy

* Good rear legroom and space (better than i10, car is wider than i10 too by about 10 cm).

* A brand new model, more people looking at your car on road :P

dr_nishu
  • dr_nishu
  • Special License

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Go for Honda Brio S-MT.

Its one of the best car across its segment followed by Maruti Suzuki n Hyundais'.

Well, post above(of karmaniac) mine reveals all the truth about Honda Brio.

& Don't worry about Honda service, spares, Maintenance & reliability, they all are perfectly fine.

You can raise a doubt on Hyundai but Honda is perfect.

THE DOCTOR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users