June Issue on stands NOW
Best car news and reviews

*** Please Update your Email Account ! ***

Which is better between Alto 800 and EON..

CAR best car

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

vishal.mathur
  • vishal.mathur
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am new on this forum so first hello to all. And Please someone suggest me that which is the better car between Alto 800 and EON magna. Please do share your views. Actually I going to buy a car and budget is 3,60,000 rupees. So I am getting confused. Plz Plz Plz i need your suggestion.

Thanks in advance

dr_nishu
  • dr_nishu
  • Special License

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Alto for fuel efficiency & as expected trouble free ownership experience from maruti.

& EON for feel & build quality.

Decide onto your priorities & pick one of them as per them & your needs.
THE DOCTOR

AMG1
  • AMG1
  • Moderators

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Seats are very good and a bit raised in the Eon. Interiors are way better than Alto 800 as well.

I personally didnt like the engine and the way the car drove, its quite weird.

Not driven the Alto 800 yet but yes if it drives even 80% similar to the K10 or the old Alto, that's enough to say it will be better than the Eon
Name says it all.. AMG1

mak7
  • mak7
  • Unlicensed

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi Vishal, I am Totally agreed with AMG1. Its very easy to choose. Buy Alto 800 for- Best Fuel Efficiency{22.7 in petrol claimed and 30/kg on cng claimed}, Very Low cost of ownership, Good Maruti and Dealership support, and Most Of all You will love to Drive This CAR. Buy Eon For- Good Looks, Good Interior, more on maintenance, and As on Driving I dont Like at ALL Driving Eon.
Best luck. And dont forget to tell us what you Bought.

Rockstar29
  • Rockstar29
  • Unlicensed
  • PipPip
  • LocationBangalore

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

At Rs 3,60,000 you will get Hyundai Eon D-Lite + model and Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Lxi model.

I would suggest to go for Eon as it has more goodies at the same price. If you can stretch your budget a little  bit go for Alto K10 base model with discounts. Alto 800 will not come with any discount as it is a new model. With the festive season you can end up with a higher version of Eon at the same price. But again Maruti has better A.S.S than Hyundai. My vote goes to Eon.

Pros for Eon D-Lite+ over Alto 800

Better interiors, you do not feel like a 3-lakh rupee car    
3495mm in Length (100 mm longer than 800)
1550mm in width (60 mm wider than 800)
814cc engine (18cc more than 800)
56@5500 compared to 48@6000 of 800

CarCrazyASTL
  • CarCrazyASTL
  • Advanced License
  • LocationManmad

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm very familier with altos & 800s, but has never been in eon! But I've looked it on streets & on Net & Magzines & I must admire that it looks way better than alto 800 & from on-paper data, it'ld perform better than alto 800!
So, TD both & share your experience with us!

Posted Image Posted Image  Be Yourself! Posted Image Posted Image

librankur
  • librankur
  • Recognised Contributor

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

To give you a friends account who has just bought at Alto CNG.

The car gives him 250 Kms for Rs300 worth of LPG , what else can you ask for.

I have never met a car that i did not like.

sourabhzen
  • sourabhzen
  • Learner License

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Depends on preferences. For looks, features and style,  go for EON whereas for better engine, driveability and mileage Alto is much better. I suggest test drive both of them, specially at turns and bumps, and then decide.
Drive Safe!

sb-alto
  • sb-alto
  • Special License

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

If you have a budget of 3.60L, why look for Alto 800? You have the Alto K10 within your budget and with 20k+ you can have Estilo Lxi. In case you want to stick to Alto 800, go for the Airbag option.

Alto is more for cheap running and ownership whereas Eon for good quality and style. Eon is spacious whereas Alto is cramped.
DRIVE SAFE and DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

2004 alto F8D

rameshbabu.n
  • rameshbabu.n
  • Advanced License
  • LocationTIRUPATI-AP

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Read the following article in Economic Times, uploaded about half an hour back, which compares
MS New Alto800 with Hyundai's Eon.

http://economictimes...ow/17225922.cms

Even before reading this, I always had a liking for Eon.  Getting so much in such an entry level car.
You would never feel that you are driving an entry level small hatch.  That feeling itself is enough to
buy this well crafted car.  

Read the above article.  It's good comparo for those buyers who are unable to decide between these two.
Current :: Mahindra XYLO E8
Previous :: Atlas > RajdootAC123 > PremierPadminiBE > MarutiOmniE > Maruti Esteem VX

abhay.r.amg66
  • abhay.r.amg66
  • Unlicensed

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

amongst maruti alto and hyundai eon....alto proves better...hyundai has focused on sharp fludic design language in case of eon at budget hatchback segment....in this entry level budget hatchback segment...buyers want basic parameters rather than style. ...alto though down on style is more practical...efficient...and is backed by maruti brilliant aftersales service network....hyundai would have worked no current santro which shows good sales...and would have been their flagship model as i10 is...

Also tagged with CAR, best car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users