June Issue on stands NOW
Best car news and reviews

*** Please Update your Email Account ! ***

Bajaj's most advanced 100cc bike - Discover 100ST?

bajaj splendor 100cc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Bajaj is going to launch the MOST TECHNICALLY ADVANCED 100cc bike next week. This move is to check the Hero/Honda's  dominance with its much proven 110cc engine in Twister, Dream yuga and now Passion.

So my take on what all it should have

1. Discover ST's frame or atleast Pulsar's 135LS's
2. So Mono Shocks
3. Digital Console
4. 4 values
5. opt rear disk
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new - AE

BHP-junkie
  • BHP-junkie
  • Learner License
  • LocationDelhi

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

You can get all of the features you listed but last one will not be available, i think.
Happy Driving :) :D

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Since it reads most technically advanced, don't rule out the possibility of GDI engine.

GDI, a 2 stroke engine used in Bajaj tuk tuk was earlier speculated to be used in future small bikes.

"The GDi for the autorickshaw is a Synerject (the joint venture between Orbital Corporation of Australia and Siemens VDO) system, which has now come into India with Chennai-based UCAL as the licensed supplier. Some of the components have been developed locally for this initiative."- DNAindia

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

As anticipated it is Discover 100T, t for tourer. The sad part is MONO is been left. It comes with 4valve 100cc producing 10.2PS
30% more power and 87KMPL.

sachinsharma20
  • sachinsharma20
  • Learner License
  • LocationDelhi

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Discover ST would be nice and value for money..it is powerful bike and high mileage too..

Godwin Vargheese
  • Godwin Vargheese
  • Unlicensed
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

The discover 100T is absolute crap. Bajaj has to learn the basics of physics once again. In the last 15 days, I have seen at least 3 different instances of people skidding off the bajaj latest 100T. When bajaj knows to up the power, It has to know that, it has to stiffen the chassis and provide meatier tires. Shame on you bajaj for not worrying about people's safety. The skinny tires immediately skid on hard braking. Take a leaf or two from yamaha's book. And people, When looking for a bike's price, power and mileage, please look for its safety options too. after all you carry your precious family along.
I haven't met a car I don't love!

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostGodwin Vargheese, on 15 April 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

I have seen at least 3 different instances of people skidding off the bajaj latest 100T. When bajaj knows to up the power, It has to know that, it has to stiffen the chassis and provide meatier tires. Shame on you bajaj for not worrying about people's safety. The skinny tires immediately skid on hard braking.
I agree on the undertyre part, but there are many Indian vehicles that are actually under(platformed) or undertyred.

A person buying 100cc should drive it with extra care. If he has the money to upgrade tyres on day 1 by shelling out those 2k-3k, he could easily buy a 125ST.

Bajaj should immediately change the front tyre atleast, to stop earning old names like Killer Sumo or Killer Pulsar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users