freakyskull

Next Hyundai Santa Fe caught testing in India

22 posts in this topic

Here are pics of the 3rd generation Hyundai Santa Fe caught testing in India . There were reports of the new car coming to India in 2013. Looks like it should be here soon enough. Expected pricing to be in the 24-25 lakh rupee range

post-9757-0-71649500-1361771348.jpgpost-9757-0-63551800-1361771354.jpg

Here is a link to a related thread :http://forum.autocarindia.com/index.php?/topic/8997-new-hyundai-santa-fe-for-india-in-2013-suv-wars-to-hot-up/

Pics source: team-bhp.com

Agree with AMG1. Seven seater SUVs make more sense in India. Hopefully the pricing is right. That will be extremely crucial. But I liked the looks which I saw in the other thread. The current one hasnt really sold well here

Agree with AMG1 and PrancingHorse as Indian automobile market is flooded with options. Pricing will be a crucial factor as present model of Santa Fe failed to mark its presence.

is the vehicle ahead of disguised Santa Fe is FIat Punto ?

I think it is the new i10 which is due to be released shortly.

New Santa Fe shares looks like new Honda CR-V but the main advantage of Santa Fe would be diesel engine. Lets hope this time Hyundai hits the right button for success of Santa Fe.

Dud unless you start assembling it here and bring down the price. No matter how good this product is, it won't sell unless you price it less than the over hyped Fortuner.

When hyundai brings it as an CBU, road taxes increase and makes it expensive than fortuner. Please hyundai go the CKD route !

Edited by sarabjeet

Agree with sarabjeet.

Though subjective, as far looks are concerned, the current gen Santa Fe looks good, I mean nothing wrong with the looks.

Since Hyundai is already planning a compact SUV, they might continue to keep Santa Fe in a niche segment.

It is high time and maybe too late for them to launch the new Santa Fe everyone is waiting for it to be launched for 1.5 years + and if it ain't a CKD then what the purpose for testing it out for more than a year. Hyundai should avoid Purple colour in the pic above no one will buy that. SUV need presence and that colour makes it look small also Santa Fe should come with LWB and 7 seater (though its still not a full size SUV which IMO the Force 1 is) asap. Also it should be cheaper than Fortuner by a lakh fully loaded only then will people even think about buying it in the first place.

Here are pics of the demo car of the new Hyundai Santa Fe. Its slated for an Auto Expo launch but looks like the TD vehicles are out. Really has the potential to be a winner more so since it will be assembled here

post-9756-0-16439000-1391229736.jpgpost-9756-0-35564600-1391229738.jpgpost-9756-0-80704700-1391229740.jpgpost-9756-0-46958700-1391229743.jpg

Source

Hyundai has launched the new Santa Fe starting 26.3 lac ex-Delhi.

Variant Ex-Showroom Price (INR) R 2.2L CRDi 6-Speed Manual 2WD rs.png 2,630,000 R 2.2L CRDi 6-Speed Automatic 2WD rs.png 2,715,000 R 2.2L CRDi 6-Speed Automatic 4WD rs.png 2,925,000

Though it has all the creature comforts one can ask for but the pricing is off target.

It's almost 4 lacs dearer to Toyota Fortuner (ex-showroom).