June Issue on stands NOW
Best car news and reviews

*** Please Update your Email Account ! ***

Maruti Ertiga v/s Chevrolet Enjoy...Which would you choose?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Which would you choose? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy the Ertiga or the Enjoy?

1. Maruti Ertiga (8 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Chevrolet Enjoy (8 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

PrancingHorse
  • PrancingHorse
  • Moderators
  • LocationMumbai

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

The Chevrolet Enjoy is the latest entrant to the MUV club which is seeing a lot of action lately. The Maruti Ertiga is already enjoying huge success and why not? Its a Maruti after all. But now comes the Enjoy which is quite similar to the Ertiga, an important fact being that it is also built on a car like monoque. They both seat 7 people as well. So my question is: If you had to choose between the two..which would you go for and why?

Attaching basic specs of both the cars in question:

Chevrolet Enjoy:

enjoypic.JPG

Engine Fuel Diesel / Petrol Installation Front, Longitudinal, rear wheel drive Type 4-cyls, in-line, 1248cc diesel / 4-cyls in-line 1399cc petrol Bore/stroke 69.7/82mm, 73.8/81.8mm Power 76bhp at 4000rpm, 103bhp at 6000rpm Torque 19.17kgm at 1750pm, 13.35kgm at 4400rpm
Transmission Type rear wheel drive Gearbox 5-speed manual
Dimensions Length 4305mm Width 1680mm Height 1750mm Wheel base 2720mm Ground clearance 161mm / 165mm

Maruti Ertiga:

ertig.jpg

Engine Fuel Petrol/Diesel Installation Front, transverse Type 4cyls 1373cc/ 4cyls 1248cc Bore/stroke 73.0/82.0, 69.6/82.0mm Compression ratio 10.0, 17.6:1 Valve gear 4 valves per cylinder, DOHC Power 94bhp at 6000rpm, 89bhp at 4000rpm Torque 13.25kgm at 4000rpm, 20.39kgm at 1750rpm Power to weight 81.03/72.06bhp per tonne Torque to weight 11.42/16.51 kgm per tonne
Transmission Type Front-wheel drive Gearbox 5-speed manual
Dimensions Length 4265mm Width 1695mm Height 1685mm Wheel base 2740mm Boot volume 185-735 litres

rameshbabu.n
  • rameshbabu.n
  • Advanced License
  • LocationTIRUPATI-AP

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

First things first.  I do not like both.  

But, if at all I am to choose between only these two, I will go in for Enjoy.

Two reasons.

It is cheaper to maintain a Chevy car in India than a Maruti car.

Enjoy looks like a true MUV and looks better than the rival LUV.
Current :: Mahindra XYLO E8
Previous :: Atlas > RajdootAC123 > PremierPadminiBE > MarutiOmniE > Maruti Esteem VX

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

First I thought its a Spin Vs Ertiga thread, later found its Enjoy.

In no way they both are comparable. Its like comparing Apples with Pineapples. Its target customers are also going to be entirely different lot.

The only place both could be compared is FE, in which also R-III would have an upper hand.

For Self Driving, Handling, Power,  Looks, Interiors, Resale, Car-like, Ease of driving, Occasional 7 Seater is Ertiga.

For lower real estate price, its Enjoy.. Being a Chevy, Enjoy might take an upper hand in Ride Quality.
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new - AE

librankur
  • librankur
  • Recognised Contributor

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Enjoy for sure.It definitely has more space.

It will be a tour operator vehicle .

Notice one thing, all these similar vehicles have names starting with an "E"

Ertiga
Evalia
Enjoy

I have never met a car that i did not like.

Gomzi
  • Gomzi
  • Learner License
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

I depends on the overall package. If the Enjoy comes with the 3yr maintenance package then thats definitely a plus.
I haven't sat in either so cannot compare first hand on space, comfort etc. despite there being online reviews.

Having to choose, on the face of it, it will be the Ertiga - known quantity, looks are decent, proven engine, good coverage of dealerships and reliability (I personally own a Wagon R which goes on and on without complaining while other cars have come and gone from our family).

F30
  • F30
  • Advanced License
  • LocationMumbai

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sometimes looking at the Ertiga makes me feel the Enjoy is a handsome car & then having a second look at the Enjoy makes me think " how can this be handsome ???? " and again it sways back in Ertiga & goes on .........

Both are so boring to look at ! Even if practicality rules in some minds, but practicality cant be this boring to go for these cars :P
HORSEPOWER SELLS CARS, TORQUE WINS RACES

BonFre
  • BonFre
  • Moderators

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Will have to see Enjoy first for a thorough analysis. On the outset, if GM manages to undercut Ertigas price in a big way, they sure have a winner.

'Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward"

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Though Enjoy is a super good package, some notable mistakes are done.

1. No split seats combined with No Boot space with IIIrd row on. So can't carry luggage even with 6 Persons on board.

2. Centre row not on Rails. So getting into IIIrd row needs some training from local Circus.

3. No Golden Bow tie in Steering, hardly 100 bucks but looks 100times better.

dr_nishu
  • dr_nishu
  • Special License

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

As going by Autocar India video review on Chevrolet Enjoy,

I'm sure this car will make definitely make significant impact on the lower end of MPV market, fighting with Ertiga & Evalia.
Definitely this car is having its own sweet set of pros, instead biggest Pros, like:
-Good looks, clearly against Evalia while subjective infront of Ertiga but still it manages.
-Acres of Interior space & well-bolstered seats.
-Decent interiors with adequate Interior quality, i'm sure it'll the trump card for its smart pricing.
-Spacious & Comfortable all 3-row seating.
-Frugal & adequately powerful 1.3 Diesel engine(sub 40-100kmph in less than 20 seconds, quite good).
-Signature GM-Chevrolet ride quality.

I'm sure this car will be going to come with 3-year maintenance program from day1 of its launch & that's again will be Trump card for its marketing here.

Enjoy will definitely make GM-Chevrolet to enjoy some success in MPV segment but still absence of Spin will be felt always.
THE DOCTOR

Sstar
  • Sstar
  • Advanced License

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

So far without seeing Enjoy...without TD it would be simple for me to answer Ertiga...but if I have to buy a proper 7 seater which can accomodate my family's 7 people with comfort...then I will not go for Ertiga at all because it lacks comfort for the 3rd and lack of leg room.

So, I think we should wait until Enjoy comes to the road.

View Postlibrankur, on 19 April 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Notice one thing, all these similar vehicles have names starting with an "E"

Ertiga
Evalia
Enjoy

Nice catch librankur :)

AMG1
  • AMG1
  • Moderators

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I am sure 50 percent of the people know that the Enjoy, although throughly re-enginnered, is still a Chinese Wuling product. Secondly, GM India has left some goof-ups such as no-rails for the middle row seats. Come on guys, all know how tall the Chinese folks are (no offence!). Secondly, It looks a bit like the Xylo to me, especially from the rear three quarter.

Also, another major trump card will be the pricing. If they price it, as estimated by Autocar, then only it will make some impact in MPV sales, else it will just be "there" in the market like the Evalia.

I hope NIssan refreshes the Evalia soon for our market and either gives it more equipment, or lowers the price.
Name says it all.. AMG1

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostAMG1, on 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

I hope NIssan refreshes the Evalia soon for our market and either gives it more equipment, or lowers the price.
Giving more equipments is never an option because its competitor is Innova. The price needs to be shed atleast 1.5L to have a decent presence.

photoauto
  • photoauto
  • Learner License

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Out of Chinese Trio, GM India has brought in, Enjoy looks more practical and promising.
The car has more things on offer than its competition.
We all know it has Chinese connections, but Sail twins now helped in changing perception about those Chinese cars.
Also this Chinese connection, in future, may bring in facelift which is currently in testing phase in its native land China.
This facelift is comprehensive from the inside and freshened up things inside the cabin (one of the drawback of Enjoy is ageold design of dash)

Hope this rolls the good numbers for GM India.

creativebala
  • creativebala
  • Special License

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postcreativebala, on 20 April 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

2. Centre row not on Rails. So getting into IIIrd row needs some training from local Circus.

Sorry for this wrong info. According to ACI Video, the top end has got its captain seats on rails.

librankur
  • librankur
  • Recognised Contributor

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Expected May launch for this CN100 , Expected price band 6-8L

I see this one to be a bigger threat to Xylo than the Ertiga,the price will be the deal breaker /maker here.

As said here , the Chinese influence will keep the costs low much like the Sail duos .

Much better looking than the Evalia for sure ,that has bombed for sure , no where to be seen.Just 1369 units sold since launch till last sales report.

elangon
  • elangon
  • Unlicensed
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Enjoy will be my choice amongst the two, however Enjoy needs to be thoroughly tested to know its credibility.

nawal034
  • nawal034
  • Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

definitely ertiga will perform better tan enjoy as it has used DOHC system which increases the efficiency
moreover the power of the ertiga is more.

librankur
  • librankur
  • Recognised Contributor

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Saw a DEMO Enjoy today outside a dealership.

Meanwhile, someplace esle Maruti is getting ready to launch its Ertiga Feliz  to counter ENJOY , much like the launch of the Regal edition of Dzire after Amaze launch.

PrancingHorse
  • PrancingHorse
  • Moderators
  • LocationMumbai

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Since youve seen it in the flesh, what is your first opinion on the Enjoy? The launch is tomorrow and I will have a report on that as the launch happens.

librankur
  • librankur
  • Recognised Contributor

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Nothing much to write about could only manage to see it in parts, too much activity around it , Vehicle was completely surrounded by a crowd of onlookers.

I initially thought something bad had happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users