PrancingHorse

Pics: 2014 Suzuki Swift facelift leaked accidently

38 posts in this topic

Here are unintentionally revealed images of the Suzuki Swift facelift. Suzuki Belgium’s website had for some reason floated the images of the facelifted car on air for a brief moment. Suzuki hasn’t fiddled with the car’s appearance. The refresh deals only with adding few minor details to the car. The noticeable change is the inclusion of ‘L’ shaped daytime running LED lights in the foglight enclosures. The turn indicators in the front fenders have been moved to the ORVMs. The new golden brown color option is an addition. The side and rear remains completely intact and even the interiors are expected to remain largely similar.

The 2014 Suzuki Swift is likely to make its official world debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September with sales commencing in late 2013.

post-7692-0-35682900-1371528376.jpgpost-7692-0-25514000-1371528380.jpgpost-7692-0-16805000-1371528384.jpgpost-7692-0-27679100-1371528387.jpgpost-7692-0-17684000-1371528390.jpgpost-7692-0-40764900-1371528393.jpgpost-7692-0-67619000-1371528396.jpg

Source: Indianautosblog

Accidentally ? Looks like a planned leak :P

The LED strip next to the fog lamps looks too aftermarketish, but im sure that will work for India :)

@endless

Bang on , that was the first thing that comes to mind.

What facelift are they taking about ? a bare eye will catch nothing , these changes are too minor to be noticible .Adding an extra pair of lights that would only come with a top end variant like that of the i20 hardly amounts for any major facelift .

Also, I do see OVRM based side indicator in current on road version of Swift as well. So that is not new (for Indian market per say).

The LED DRLs are i20-ish.

Accidentally ? Looks like a planned leak :P

:D Agreed

Considering this is just a facelift, interiors won't see big changes. Also expect Indian version to see more dramatic treatment!

Sorry but there is nothing to hide about in this so called "facelift", the changes are barely noticeable.

BTW, alloys and new golden color looks nice.

I see a slightly larger air vent on the front bumper. Does that mean a more powerful engine?

Not that it means much to us here in India..but maybe I should hold off my decision to buy the swift for a little longer :D

Seriously what's really new this mod can be done by any one . Also DRL mods can now be seen in plenty of cars and the Swift still looks pregnant from behind and the 16" alloys won't come in India . I would love a 1.6 sport but we can only dream about it.

I'm sure M Suzuki wouldn't make a half hearted attempt to their bread and butter model. Since it is now borrowing the i20 inspired DRL, One can easily guess that the 2014 car can come with more kit such as 1) Auto folding Mirrors, 2) Reverse sensors/camera 3) rear disc brakes 4) maybe a variable geometry turbo from sx4/ertiga 90bhp to match the i20 in kit and performance.

All i can say is that the B segment king is all set to continue to rule till the later half of this decade!

Another poop from MSIL as expected, still crazy Indians wont mind it, would help MSIL to nudge Swift sales over and above Alto 800 and Dzire.

Suzuki showcased Swift DJE at the Tokyo motor show. DJE comprise of regenerative braking and start - stop technology, which results in 1.2 litre petrol delivering 26.4 kmpl. Also there is color changing speedometer which changes color depending on the throttle response.

Suzuki has launched a special Edition "Style" version of the Swift with lots of equipment. Here is the full list

• Chrome horizontal grille
  • 16-inch alloy wheels with special cutting and black paint
  • LED turn indicators on the door mirror
  • “STYLE” badges
  • Contrast roof in black or white
  • Exclusive seat upholstery
  • Driver’s seat and front passenger seat side pocket
  • Exclusive door trim skin
  • Instrument panel and door trim ornament
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel with silver stitching and audio controls
  • Silver stitching on the gear knob
  • Driver armrest
  • Electrically adjustable wing mirrors
  • Premium UV cut glass
  • Cruise control system
  • 7-speed automatic gearbox with paddle shift
  • 1-step reclining rear seat
  • Heated front seats
  • Automatic headlights and front fog lamps with LED illumination lamp

Why cant Maruti come up with something like this?

post-9757-0-65652700-1402983122.jpgpost-9757-0-10217600-1402983126_thumb.jppost-9757-0-22106300-1402983129_thumb.jppost-9757-0-06133400-1402983133_thumb.jppost-9757-0-26055100-1402983136.jpgpost-9757-0-59828300-1402983139_thumb.jppost-9757-0-69190500-1402983142_thumb.jp

Source

what's new?

NOTHING TO WRITE ABOUT.

There's a couple of LED strips (which i20 discontinued in their latest 2014 i20 facelift as customers were

extremely unhappy to pay more for those irritating lights), which MS is now trying to add. Mind you, Hyndai

is not offering these LED strips, even as Optional items. So, I wonder why MS is trying to peddle them now.

It again proves that MS has got a strange way of handling things. I hope that Lady Luck must be on their side now.

Seriously! Nothing new here..

The interiors of the Auto variant were quite nice... paddle shifters will be interesting to be seen on this model. But this engine should be at least the one from Ertiga. The 1.2 auto will not make any sense unless maruti adds a turbo to it - ala Polo TSI.

Just changing the alloy wheel design, adding DRLs and changing seat fabric IS NOT A FACE LIFT.

I'd rather like to see a 90 bhp VGT borrowed from the SX4 and a 1.4 from Ertiga into their sports model... its high time that a Swift comes with that.

arush009 likes this

Maruti should skip on this facelift. Anyone can get aftermarket DRL's and that is the only major difference i can see. Braking was already good, but discs at rear will make it better. Maybe they can launch the Swift Sport now

Would it a bigger news if its was an Automatic launch ?

Motorbash mentions an Economic Times story that lists out an Automatic Swift launch on 16 th September.