Sign in to follow this  
Tesla

Low Mileage in Santro Xing

I own a Santro Xing XP 2007 model. The mileage until 2011 was 13 kmpl in cities and 15 kmpl in highways. But now, it has dropped to 10 kmpl and 12.5 kmpl respectively. The car is sent for service regularly. Any methods of improving the mileage other than the driving style?

If you stay at a humid place then please service your drum brakes and wheel bearing because they tend to get rusted and cause additional friction. I have had Zen 2001 and it gave mileage of 13 in city but after 4 years the mileage was around 9-10kpl and the wheel bearing had rusted and the rear drum brakes were in poor state. In regular services A.S.S don't really service these components unless specified otherwise.

Basic tune up problems most likely. First and foremost, check your air filter to make sure it is clean and clear. Then look at your plugs and wires. Also look and listen to ensure you have no vacuum leaks.

I will suggest you to replace Air Filter and Spark Plugs if never done before or long time. And also you can get disk brake pads cleaned because there might be slight resisting contact. Check for the rear drum brakes too.

Keep your tyres properly inflated to recommended pressure.

One important thing you should not ignore, always fuel from good, busy, reliable fuel stations.

Replace the Spark plug set & Air filter, these are the most crucial elements for the fuel efficiency of a car & they often tend to get ignored while finding the other major faults.

Also get the tension of the engine belts checked & adjusted for the appropriate.

Also as other members said, get the brake pads & wheel bearings replaced or greased for their smooth functioning.

As the engine draws air in to run, it creates a vacuum in the intake manifold. Some components of the engine use the vacuum to operate diaphragms or for other functions. If one of the hoses to one of those components leak, it's a vacuum leak. If the intake manifold is not sealed up adequately, allowing air in, that too is a vacuum leak. It can make the engine run poor, idle fast and can overheat the exhaust valves. For more info Check this webpage - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_vacuum_leak :) :)

There must be some minor problem. Ofcourse I am not at all knowledgeble as above but check for tyre ware,alignment etc.Bye the way how u calculated these figures 13,15 then 10,12...I calculate full brim to full brim...It is always mix drive.