lxtreme

Nissan Micra vs Volkswagen Polo vs Maruti Swift vs Hyundai i10 grand...which one to go for???

What’s your Budget - Rs 06.00L

Kms driven monthly - 500 kms

Body shell - Hatch/Sedan

City/Highway split - 90:10

Max No. Of Passengers - 4

Boot space Importance - medium

Usage by - lady

Ownership – City

Safety – High

Prime requirement - Ride, Handling, FE, Passenger Comfort

It should be Grand i10 ...Looks, equipments,Comfort-----i10 :)

Thought i am a big fan of swift, i would say grandi10 is better for city usage for a lady.

Reason---Not too powerful which is required for highways...but peppy enough for easy maneouring in the city !!

And for a budget of 6 lakhs you can get a fully loaded grand i10 rather than a least equipped swift or a polo or even a micra...

So for the requirements mentioned i would recommend the grand i10.!!

What’s your Budget - Rs 06.00L

Kms driven monthly - 500 kms

Body shell - Hatch/Sedan

City/Highway split - 90:10

Max No. Of Passengers - 4

Boot space Importance - medium

Usage by - lady

Ownership – City

Safety – High

Prime requirement - Ride, Handling, FE, Passenger Comfort

Swift --> ideal choice! :)

As you already own an i20, it is better to go for polo or micra. Micra has got brake issues which are sorted out by now. Polo has plain cabin but build quality is better than others. Swift is a good choice but wait for the updated version. Grand is a nice car and cheapest among the all, but it wont ake sense for you

As you already own an i20, it is better to go for polo or micra. Micra has got brake issues which are sorted out by now. Polo has plain cabin but build quality is better than others. Swift is a good choice but wait for the updated version. Grand is a nice car and cheapest among the all, but it wont ake sense for you

Thanks prashant, I correct myself that the car is not for us, its for my aunt who lives in Ahmedabad. Btw I think polo would make a good sense than micra. But a little confusion about VW AFSS??

If your aunt isn't interested in features then the top end varient can be skipped. For a lady driver the in city drivability should be excellent as well car smaller foot print . the Swift is the wide and the front overhangs can take time to perfect in b2b traffic. I recently TD the Micra as well as Micra Active back to back . I would say the Micra Active top end is the best VFM hatch and Nissan has really improved its drivability inspite of reducing power wrt Micra.

The XV and XV S is around 4.5 and 4.8 lakhs ex showroom resp .Comparable Grand i10 Magna and Sportz cost 4.65 and 5.05 ex showroom.

Polo is not suitable because the ingress and egress is a bit of issue and sitting lower the visibility will be lesser.

Edited by rssh

I understand your dilemma as I too faced a similar problem recently. Tried a lot of cars but finally bought a Swift VDi. I would suggest that you try the i10 Grand and the Ritz. The i10 Grand is a new product and offers a well kitted proposition at a very decent price. The Ritz on the other hand is a tried and tested product and offers a superb driving position and view of the road (the Swift lacks in this department) which is a boon for the ladies. The Polo is well built but only on paper. I have seen a lot of my acquaintances facing problems with VW/ Skoda products particularly with the aircon and electricals. Hence, I would personally not recommend it. The Micra is a too bland for my tastes so I never thought of even trying it out and hence would not be able to comment fairly on it.

yaa micra used to look girly before the facelift and pulse was more masculine. but the updates one is different. I think so Grand will make better sense as it has a very fuel efficient diesel engine with good power and torque.

yaa micra used to look girly before the facelift and pulse was more masculine. but the updates one is different. I think so Grand will make better sense as it has a very fuel efficient diesel engine with good power and torque.

I don't think diesel will make sense for a car which will be driven for only 500kms.

What about Micra and Grand i10?

You can shortlist brio as well. Its an ideal city car with perfect driveability in bumper to bumper to traffic. Driving a swift can be a bit tedious task especially due to wide front. But hey, ask the ladies and they prefer Swift for its looks and "swiftness" :D .

Seeing the reviews about grand i10, its overall a good car with space and features, but i guess the "poor steering and handling of its senior i20" passes on to grand i10 as well.

About micra , hmm frankly speaking, never liked it! :blink:

You can shortlist brio as well. Its an ideal city car with perfect driveability in bumper to bumper to traffic. Driving a swift can be a bit tedious task especially due to wide front. But hey, ask the ladies and they prefer Swift for its looks and "swiftness" :D .

Seeing the reviews about grand i10, its overall a good car with space and features, but i guess the "poor steering and handling of its senior i20" passes on to grand i10 as well.

About micra , hmm frankly speaking, never liked it! :blink:

Brio is a good car. But she don't like its looks :P . She likes the micra and she had done TD of the micra yesterday and she liked It. I think she will go for the micra. :)

As a lady driver, she can choose the grand also as it has got a light steering and a soft suspension. And i dont think so she would require a car with sporty dynamics................

Yes, but soft suspension is a disadvantage in highways though it should be driven mostly in city. Today she booked the micra SV. So, this thread is now closed. :)