Sign in to follow this  
vnp1606

Car to be parked for long durations

Hello all

My job location is changing for next 10 to 12 months and I cannot take my car (Hyundai Accent) there. There is no one to drive the car. I will be back home once a month and the car will run only then for a day or two. The car is 2011 model and recently serviced.

Could you please advice how to best handle this situation? Remove battery? Any impact expected on central locking, AC, tyres and any other device?

I would highly appreciate guidence on this based on your knowledge or past experience. Many thanks - Vinay

Get a car cover , fill the tyres with 10psi more than the OE recommended and jack up the car on all 4 wheels. Buy naptholene balls and anti rodent and put then in the bonnet and under the car. Remove the negative terminal battery and cover the exposed wire with tape.

When you come back before jacking off the car and starting it check for wires, oils and seals and take it for a full body wash. This is the basic PM and if possible then keep the fuel tank less than half empty to reduce fuel evaporation.

Get a car cover , fill the tyres with 10psi more than the OE recommended and jack up the car on all 4 wheels. Buy naptholene balls and anti rodent and put then in the bonnet and under the car. Remove the negative terminal battery and cover the exposed wire with tape.

When you come back before jacking off the car and starting it check for wires, oils and seals and take it for a full body wash. This is the basic PM and if possible then keep the fuel tank less than half empty to reduce fuel evaporation.

that is very helpful! Sometimes even my cars are parked for months and note I will keep this in mind! last time when I left my car for a month, there were very severe problems which made up a bill of rs 1 lakh