Sign in to follow this  
harikkuttan

wiring layout and details of Punto

Dear Friends

I need the wiring layout and details of Fiat Punto. Do any one have the factory repair manual of Punto

My Punto is 2009 make. I face different problems with the wiring. Like my cabin light, Hand brake indicator, speakers doesn't work. My workshop is long away and I hire driver to send and bring my car for the repairs. Often works remains pending. please help

Isn't there a local electrician shop at nearby which car look into these? Its not rocket science and mostly all of them know these basic things. The handbrake wire is hidden under the handbrake (or there might be a button kind of thing near the base of handbrake).

Fiat Punto's electrical layout and the whole system is very sophisticated compared to other cars in the same segment. . Fiat has employed the 'bus' system of configuration for safety. Hence local electrician thing should be avoided with Punto and Linea. After market components should also be taken care of while installing. Fiat certified accessories will have no problem but for other accessories one has to confer with Fiat technicians or engineers.

If you can be specific on what exactly you want to do with the Punto's electricals...we can help.

Thank you friends for the reply.

I have just opened the handbrake console of Punto. I could see the switch beneath the handbrake. But the wire connected to the switch is broken and I could not find the other end of the wire as only a piece of wire (3 to 4 inches) is left with the switch( Mouse might have cut the wire) Also same is the case of cabin light. I require the cabling layout of the car.

Fiat Punto's electrical layout and the whole system is very sophisticated compared to other cars in the same segment. . Fiat has employed the 'bus' system of configuration for safety. Hence local electrician thing should be avoided with Punto and Linea. After market components should also be taken care of while installing. Fiat certified accessories will have no problem but for other accessories one has to confer with Fiat technicians or engineers.

If you can be specific on what exactly you want to do with the Punto's electricals...we can help.

I understand that it is a canbus system and it will give error on the MID if connecting non-compatible accessories etc, but if the wiring is cut then anyone can do physical inspection and replace with a new wire

Thank you friends for the reply.

I have just opened the handbrake console of Punto. I could see the switch beneath the handbrake. But the wire connected to the switch is broken and I could not find the other end of the wire as only a piece of wire (3 to 4 inches) is left with the switch( Mouse might have cut the wire) Also same is the case of cabin light. I require the cabling layout of the car.

The handbrake wire being cut is a simple task to fix, what will you do with the cabling layout. The harness and cabling layout diagrams are available at service centre and check some EU technical forum were you might find one for the pre-evo punto.