freakyskull

Spy shots: Datsun GO spotted testing in Chennai

Micra Active starts at 3.5 lacs, so wonder how much lower price tag would they be able to manage !!

Ideally this would be pitched right against Eon or Alto 800 territory of around 2.5 to 4.0 lacs.

Regarding 6 seats, Since the front seat is a bench, the space between driver and co-driver seat is for keeping hand bags and other small stuff as per Nissan. I doubt if any adult would be able to sit in between, at the most a small kid can, but it would interfere with smooth gear box operations plus it would be unsafe. So practically it is not a 6 seater, but in a country like ours some people would still incline to use it as a 6 seater.

Datsun GO hatchback spied again: Now in Bronze Grey shade

post-67-0-50380300-1383076296_thumb.jpgpost-67-0-38104400-1383076279_thumb.jpgpost-67-0-46015300-1383076288_thumb.jpg

(pics: indianautosblog)

To me the car looks good, desirable enough for its speculated price offering loads & loads of Value for money. If priced right while offering good fuel efficiency, then this could be my next city car.

I don't think there will ever be a diesel for the GO varient but it may come with the MPV derivative later. I do hope the promise of the price is met by Datsun, looking at the pic the car is spacious than the cars in its segment and bench 1st row will be a crowd pleasure for sure.

It comes with a flat, continuous bench in the front and although Nissan says its for keeping handbags and other stuff, i'm sure its unofficially a sixth seat and its something that shoud'nt be done. There's no protection whatsoever for the passenger sitting in the middle and in the event of a crash, the passenger would be exposed to the gear lever.

It's things like these that (and the alto k10 scoring 0 out of 5 stars in a crash test) that lower the credibility of indian cars and the industry in general.

Actually Carlon Ghosn kind of said that its better to seat 3 upfront than squeeze 4-5 people in the car seat. Its debatable but I get his point because the car will be priced competitively and the front bench seat is a USP in a segment were people who have barely enough to afford a car will want the whole family to sit comfortably. Though it is not safe but its better than stuffing 8 people in an auto .

I am not proud of it but I have sat in an auto with 10 people [shared one] (normal bajaj one not the piaggio one) and I was hell scared but its the scene of 3 T town and if you object then you need to walk the distance.

By having a glance at the seats of this car in the pics, isn't its even more worse than Etios in the making !

A central pad-like cushioning for front middle passenger between front seats, IMHO, it'll going to be an Ergonomic disaster with can foul the elbow of a driver & central passenger without proper seatbelt will be at risk for itself as well as to others.

Another being the slab like backrests & not so prominent headrests on rear bench, i doubt the comfort & long distance comfort quotient of this car.

Hope Nissan-Datsun-Renault is listening.