Sstar

Arctic White Alto 800 Lxi

Guys,

please suggest me good option for replacing the stock head light. It seems low when we run them on low beam.

Also, if anyone can suggest good Fog lamps as well (though there is no slot/room available in front bumper but would like to have it some how.

Suggestions and/or with links (if any) are welcome.

Edited by Sstar

First Service update.:

Did first free service on saturday this last weekend. Following is the break up of expenses born.

1. Mobil 1 Synth engine oil 2.7 Ltr. & filter 2800 Rs
  2. Wheel alignment and balancing 300 Rs

Problem which I was facing before service was of wobbling as the car was feeling bumpy at a speed of 60 kmph. This problem has gone completely now. Also, the car is much smoother now and does not even feel that engine is running at all.

After servicing, I have taken car to private workshop for polishing, this took me another 200 Rs. Planning to go for 3M under body anti rust car treatment this weekend which will be around 2800 Rs. for 5 year validity of coating.

Please suggest guys, if it is an over charge for this treatment before I actually go for it.

Edited by Sstar

Planning to go for 3M under body anti rust car treatment this weekend which will be around 2800 Rs. for 5 year validity of coating.

Please suggest guys, if it is an over charge for this treatment before I actually go for it.

Yes, 2800 is fine for under body treatment.

2800 bucks is fine for underbody anti-rust coat, ask them to double layer the coating on the wheel wells to improve NVH levels.

Yes, 2800 is fine for under body treatment.

Thanks guys, I am going to get it on this weekend and also make sure to have your suggestions getting implemented. :)

Hey guys,

I need to upgrade the headlamp or add-on fog lamps (though there is no slot available for fog lamps in front bumper). Can you suggest me some good options here?

Replies are most welcome.

I think you should upgrade the headlamps. because fog lights won't look good if there's no provisions, you have to fit it to the bumper, which doesn't looks good.

For Headlamps, Philips Xtreme vision 55/60 is good but not to the par. Philips rally 100/90 is really awesome if you want improvement in lighting. Go for the rally 100/90 with relays.

Thanks LeoRahi, even I have dropped the idea of fog lamps, actually it came to my mind seeing the Foggy weather in NCR.

What would be cost of the above replacement you have given? Are they available for Alto 800 as well or they have a generic shape and size to fit in all vehicle?

Thanks LeoRahi, even I have dropped the idea of fog lamps, actually it came to my mind seeing the Foggy weather in NCR.

What would be cost of the above replacement you have given? Are they available for Alto 800 as well or they have a generic shape and size to fit in all vehicle?

They will fit in your vehicle. IMO they fit in all vehicles

Guys, 2nd service @5K is going to be done on this weekend. I will update it in this thread. I am expecting it to be just cleaning, Wheel Balancing and alignment and other cleans. No Oil/Filter change.

Yup at this running level you really don't need to change the oil and filter. Synthetic oil can easily last 15k kms/ 1.5 years ;about upgrading headlight get 100W bulb with ceramic holder and relay ;some maruti service centers provide this facility and it wouldn't void warranty.

Guys, 2nd service @5K is going to be done on this weekend. I will update it in this thread. I am expecting it to be just cleaning, Wheel Balancing and alignment and other cleans. No Oil/Filter change.

No need to change the engine oil if it was changed at 1k kms first inspection if not then you can opt for change. In our case of Maruti Swift Dzire engine oil was directly changed for the first time at 10k kms service not prior to it.

@nishu. yes I agree with you and as the change was happened during first serivce hence this time no oil change.

Here are other details

Price 747 Rs.

Items covered

Wheel Balancing

Wheel alignment

KM done so far 5062.

Problems. actually 2.

1. There is clutch noise like someone a tied a ghungru...chan chan from engine bay. I got it inpected by the service staff and they suggest it is because of play in clutch plates. So they need to open gearbox. They have given my number to maruti engineers as well and since their visit is going to happen by this week only, so they suggested me to wait and first get it checked by them also.
  2. A/C Noise - when I push the A/C button there is a loud noise. It feels like something has hit the engine bay from underneath. I have also compaint about it and they also noticed this however, before they open the compressor and other things, they want this thing also to be checked by Maruti engineers.

Guys, please suggest what could be reason for these issues.

Price 747 Rs.

KM done so far 5062.

Problems. actually 2.

1. There is clutch noise like someone a tied a ghungru...chan chan from engine bay. I got it inpected by the service staff and they suggest it is because of play in clutch plates. So they need to open gearbox. They have given my number to maruti engineers as well and since their visit is going to happen by this week only, so they suggested me to wait and first get it checked by them also.
  2. A/C Noise - when I push the A/C button there is a loud noise. It feels like something has hit the engine bay from underneath. I have also compaint about it and they also noticed this however, before they open the compressor and other things, they want this thing also to be checked by Maruti engineers.

Guys, please suggest what could be reason for these issues.

That are quite a pocket friendly service charges.

Reagarding problems:

1) First one problem can be due to loose exhaust bolts if not due to clutch plates. If the latter are involved then clutch operation will also be affected like it can get hard or too light sometimes or their slippage can happen under heavy load conditions. If these problems aren't there then there're rare changes of clutch related issue.

And there're very rare chances of clutch problem in a brand new car which is few thousands kms driven until it has been driven more with clutch slipping habits or the car came with some manufacturing defect.

2. This one may be due to loose AC compressor Pulley or spring which engages the pulley when the AC is switched on.

That are quite a pocket friendly service charges.

Reagarding problems:

1) First one problem can be due to loose exhaust bolts if not due to clutch plates. If the latter are involved then clutch operation will also be affected like it can get hard or too light sometimes or their slippage can happen under heavy load conditions. If these problems aren't there then there're rare changes of clutch related issue.

And there're very rare chances of clutch problem in a brand new car which is few thousands kms driven until it has been driven more with clutch slipping habits or the car came with some manufacturing defect.

2. This one may be due to loose AC compressor Pulley or spring which engages the pulley when the AC is switched on.

Thanks Nishu,

For #1 - When I checked along with the service incharge, he bent and pulled something below the engine bay...he said it was the clutch lever under the engine bay. As soon as he pulled the sound went away.

Also, since the sound goes away with a slight clutch is pressed - hence the incharge told me that this is plate issue. Please share your opinion if now this makes you think something.

For 2# - I will make a note of it and ask for it. in next couple of days from now as I have a schedule visit with MS Engineers.

Hi guys, recently on this last weekend I did the 1 year service of my Alto 800. Here are the details.

Engine Oil 2.7 lts - 807 Rs. (Mineral oil)

Filter - 150 Rs.

Wheel Bal. - 350 Rs.

Wheel Align. - 300 Rs. (free of cost through a coupon)

Labour - 300 Rs.

The car had clocked 9300 KM in a year and the FE figures are consistantly 20+ KM (per kg) of CNG with 100% a/c till now and in Delhi's city traffic.

@LeoRahi: I agree. Even now days everyone complaint about high MS service and other charges. Although MS is moving north side of cost but I have noticed that it also varries from dealer to dealer (service station to service station).

Moreover, it is a surprise that i20 3rd service is cheaper than of Alto. :D