ksquare

Grand i10 - Central Locking system not audible !

Hi,

I recently bought a Hyundai Grand i10 sportz 1.2, The central locking system came with it is not audible !

only the light blinks ! I need audible system , what to do ?

Its my first car, i am new to all these things, plz help !

Welcome to the forum ksquare, And congrats on your new car.

Yes, i10 grand doesn't offers audible central locking system. But you can definitely fit one. Brands like Autocop has mastered in all these.

PS: Do start an ownership review of your car.

Actually I prefer non audible systems (as with many OE central locking systems), the sound gets annoying after sometime and you wouldn't want your neighbor to know when you come and go, and it is embarrassing especially during the night when you unlock/lock and neighbors give the stare.

Actually I prefer non audible systems (as with many OE central locking systems), the sound gets annoying after sometime and you wouldn't want your neighbor to know when you come and go, and it is embarrassing especially during the night when you unlock/lock and neighbors give the stare.

Totally agree with you rssh.

Audible systems are noisy. I don't like them at all. At first they will be fun to operate but as it gets old you will just feel to hammer the car, especially at night. I am having this problem with our neighbours car, they came late at night when I'm sleeping and the system sounds "twit twit", it's very embarrassing. :P

Hi,

I recently bought a Hyundai Grand i10 sportz 1.2, The central locking system came with it is not audible !

only the light blinks ! I need audible system , what to do ?

Its my first car, i am new to all these things, plz help !

Congrats on new buy.

As far as alarm is concerned, i think there needs to be a switch on the dash using which you can turn on/off the alarm. Try check in the manual.

Usually, the remote would have a facility to switch on (or off) the audible sound. This is done by pressing more than one key simultaneously (like we used to have a ctrl-alt-del key pressings to reboot old pc systems). My Xylo's remote has this facility.

Read the manual. It MUST be there.

Thanks for the reply !

I went to showroom, they told me they will fit a buzzer for that, but the hyundai buzzer for Grand i10 has not arrived yet at the showroom & fitting a buzzer other than the hyundai's will require some wires to be cut which in turn will void warranty !!

I need a system which has audible on/off feature, i don't want locking sound always !

Plz help !!

Just buy a car SIREN and get it mated to your system should not cost you over 1.5K ( assuming 1K cost of SIREN)

Any local vendor would do it , this was the general norm before the advent of sophisticated Locking Systems.

If you need to be doubly sure , Better to check with the dealers workshop for this contraption.