Ahadzza

How i booked an Ecosport,test drove a vento and took delivery of an i20

For those who have'nt had a look at my previous thread please do its called TO WAIT OR NOT TO where i had a dillema whether to wait for my ecosport or just get another car

i had booked an ecosport on 25th june 2013 with delivery being promised in august.On august 10 i decide to call my dealer about my car and his reply was negaitive.Ok waiting another month was not going to hurt me

then in september i recive an email stating that my model will be delayed by a couple of months and that the price has been incresed by 50000k!!!.That was the last straw when to the showroom got the booking cancelled and started my search again

now the cars remaining were i20,amaze and polo. went to volkswagen showroom and had a look at the polo(1.6 tdi)and right next to it was a vento.Spoke to the SA and the price difference was about 1L. booked the car and left the place happy.3 weeks later

i got a call saying that my car has arrived and i can take delivery within a week it was fine by me but i had to check the car or atleast the vin.no.After 13 calls i got my vin.no. decoded it and found the car to manufactered in june 2013!.Called the dealer up asked him when the car was made

to which he replied october a differnce of 4 months i asked him to decode it and call back which he never did.waited for a week still no response went and met the head of the showroom.he said that he wasnt even aware of my booking and that that was the only vento they had.So there goes the second booking.Cars left

amaze and i20. Amaze was out cause it was bland for 9L.So went to DSC motors booked the i20 asta maharaja red they quoted a waiting peroid of 3 weeks and as promised the car was delivered to me on the 15th of november.I've only driven the car for 30 kms so cant really comment on anything except the quality,its very good and so is the feature list.

thank you for reading and here are some pics will upload more soon post-45782-0-77854700-1384586942_thumb.jpost-45782-0-28882800-1384586962_thumb.jpost-45782-0-24324800-1384586984_thumb.jpost-45782-0-77544800-1384587014_thumb.jpost-45782-0-33330000-1384587027_thumb.jpost-45782-0-20411600-1384587290_thumb.jpost-45782-0-01452900-1384587279_thumb.j

Looking at the gear knob I see that you have bought the CRDi i20 (same pinch) congrats! Whats the current on-road price of i20 Asta nowadays?

I will recommend you to upgrade the tyres to 195/60R14 immediately to get excellent resale value on older tyres (around 2800 buck per tyre) ,trust me you will need it.

Many congratulations buddy.

Some day shots is you will to bring out the cars glory.

The treatment from VW was disappointing , how come they say they dont have your booking ? Didnt you get a receipt for your booking ?

@rssh thanks,yep mines a crdi version costing around 8.80L on road and the wheels,what will be the change?

The diesel i20 is under tyred and when you accelerate fast the wheel loose grip due to immense torque to its better to get a wider tyre so that the vehicle has more grip. If you drive sedately then the OE ones will suffice but I recommend changing them.

i20 seems to be the most popular pick in this price range!!

Quiet a few of our members own an i20.

Congratulations on your new purchase!!

Yes I agree with Rssh, you will really feel the difference once you upgrade!!

No disrespect to your choice or opinion.. But I really do not like the Ecosport..

When seen in person the vehicle looks like a hatchback on steroids!! But then that's my personal opinion.

Some more pics and a detailed review would be eagerly awaited!! Enjoy driving!!

That very strange on VW 's part and Ford has a history of doing that , i still remember how my friend was fooled when he was waiting for fiesta (now called fiesta classic), way back in December 2005 i guess.

Anyways

Congratulations On your i20.Red color looks good on it.

Ride safe

Many congratulations buddy.

Some day shots is you will to bring out the cars glory.

The treatment from VW was disappointing , how come they say they dont have your booking ? Didnt you get a receipt for your booking ?

thank you,yes i did get a receipt but the head of the showroom wasnt aware of it and the day shots are being worked upon

That very strange on VW 's part and Ford has a history of doing that , i still remember how my friend was fooled when he was waiting for fiesta (now called fiesta classic), way back in December 2005 i guess.

Anyways

Congratulations On your i20.Red color looks good on it.

Ride safe

never will i ever go back to that dealer for any vehicle and they took almost a month to give me my refund!!

i20 seems to be the most popular pick in this price range!!

Quiet a few of our members own an i20.

Congratulations on your new purchase!!

Yes I agree with Rssh, you will really feel the difference once you upgrade!!

No disrespect to your choice or opinion.. But I really do not like the Ecosport..

When seen in person the vehicle looks like a hatchback on steroids!! But then that's my personal opinion.

Some more pics and a detailed review would be eagerly awaited!! Enjoy driving!!

thank you!!

@Ahadzza: Congratulations on new buy. enjoy!!!

thank you!!!

Congrats buddy :). Same pinch! I too own a i20. Wishing you many many miles of happy driving. Drive Safe. :)

Waiting for your driving review. And do share the FE figures too

thank you and by the way how do you calculate F.E???

thank you and by the way how do you calculate F.E???

Welcome.

Fill the tank up and set the trip meter to zero. When the tank is nearing empty, fill it up again. Then divide the no. of kms run by the no of litres filled, You should be able to get the average consumption.

The car crossed the 350km milestone today.Feels very smooth(coming from an owner of innova,linea and sunny) still yet to test out all the features of the car.The only complain i have is that it does not come with any fuel computers! and no door auto lock! other than that its all good,touchwood.Any request from you guys???

Welcome.

Fill the tank up and set the trip meter to zero. When the tank is nearing empty, fill it up again. Then divide the no. of kms run by the no of litres filled, You should be able to get the average consumption.

ok will do that

Congrats on your car. i20 is the best car it just the ride which is scary. For the rest, it is better than any thing. I think so it is too damn high for a sub-4 m hatch at 8.8l. Hyundai should do something about that.

and no door auto lock!

You can fit the auto door lock from the authorised service centre. The central locking enables when you cross the speed of 40 kmph. Also in a scenario if you forgot to lock the car manually with the remote key after parking it - the doors gets locked with in 30 sec.

PS: Please post some more pics.

You can fit the auto door lock from the authorised service centre. The central locking enables when you cross the speed of 40 kmph. Also in a scenario if you forgot to lock the car manually with the remote key after parking it - the doors gets locked with in 30 sec.

PS: Please post some more pics.

This is not available for igen i20 its exclusive for ASTA O variant only.

Great pics. your car looks neat.

Any accessories planned?? And have you got any free accessories from the showroom??

Thank you but mind you its very hard to keep it clean like that as for the accessories the showroom gave me mudflaps,car cover,seat cover,floor mat and led scuff plates.The accessories ive planed are

1-Headlamp bulb to whiteish blue ones(need help with this one,any suggestion?)

2-Alloys to 16 inches(will it void warranty?) and

3-rear speakers(again will it void warranty?)

Thank you but mind you its very hard to keep it clean like that as for the accessories the showroom gave me mudflaps,car cover,seat cover,floor mat and led scuff plates.The accessories ive planed are

1-Headlamp bulb to whiteish blue ones(need help with this one,any suggestion?)

2-Alloys to 16 inches(will it void warranty?) and

3-rear speakers(again will it void warranty?)

Welcome

Regarding headlamps, Phillips Xtreme Vision would be ideal.

Regarding Alloys, IMO you should opt for 15 inches rather than 16. And it won't void warranty

And Rear speakers, I don't feel the need to fit them. Because it's available in i20.

Upsizing the tyres will void only suspension warrenty but you can do it but though 16 inch alloys will look great but the odd tyres size 205/50R16 has less option and good tyres cost around 7-8k in that size. Go for 15 inchers you will get good options in 195/55R15 @4050 to 8000k options.

Changing speakers won't void warrenty unless its in the stock speaker area and no wires are cut.

Upsizing the tyres will void only suspension warrenty but you can do it but though 16 inch alloys will look great but the odd tyres size 205/50R16 has less option and good tyres cost around 7-8k in that size. Go for 15 inchers you will get good options in 195/55R15 @4050 to 8000k options.

Changing speakers won't void warrenty unless its in the stock speaker area and no wires are cut.

Welcome

Regarding headlamps, Phillips Xtreme Vision would be ideal.

Regarding Alloys, IMO you should opt for 15 inches rather than 16. And it won't void warranty

And Rear speakers, I don't feel the need to fit them. Because it's available in i20.

the rear speakers are very poor,so what would be a good upgrade?

as for the headlamps im going with philips diamond vision