aniii

which is better - subwoofer or basstube

A basstube is also subwoofer but inside the tube, hence the name. I think basstube's are used generally were there are space issue's.

A good subwoofer in a good enclosure is always preferable over a basstube and will perform much better.

Which amplifier are you going to power it from? How much watts RMS will you be feeding it? Do you want a free air sub or one with an enclosure? Which car? What music do you listen to?

To me, music is very personal and you should trust only your ears.

Hi Aniii,

You are welcome.

If you are on a budget, I would suggest a Pioneer sub and amp combo as they are the best bang for your buck. Install the sub on your parcel tray or get a ported enclosure (box).

You can also try Sony/Kenwood/JBL. I would you suggest you listen to the sub's at a dealers place.  Take your own cd and play the same track on the different subs, listen to them and see what you like.

Which city are you in?

I am in Madras. 100watts RMS will be ideal but an entry level sub will perform if you give it a little less too. I say this if you get a smaller amplifier in your budget. How much do you want to spend? Which HU and speakers do you have?

An amplifier making a clean 100watts RMS powered to a decent subwoofer is more than sufficient. My first setup was 70 watts RMS to a Pioneer sub in a ported enclosure and it was good enough.

For 6000, you want to buy both sub and amp???!!

Hi !

I just saw your discussion today & thought I should share my experience with you.

I just bought a Getz and had installed Pioneer 5090 HU & JBL 6.5 " components on all 4 doors.

I also wanted the effects of a sub but not at the expense of space,

After a lot of research ,I found a 8" active sub [ it has a built in amp. in it's enclosure] with 120W RMS output .It is very compact,fits behind your rear seat and the sound is Awsome !

It is from a company named "Xenos" which is a unit of Pricol and the brand is "Xcite".

I shall try to post a pic of the sub very soon and the best part....it costed me only Rs.7100/= [MRP. Rs.8000/=] after the discount.

I am based in Ghaziabad [u.P.] and here it was available on order.

I don't know where you are from but you can easily get this sub in Delhi at Gem car,Lajpat Nagar

or if u need to contact me,let me know on my e-mail  : b.rastogi@gmail.com

In the end, do let us know what unit you Did get.

Adios !

I need help. I'm confused that which gives me more bass- a subwoofer or a basstube. I've brezza & a v12 4 chanel amp. So which i should go for. Plz tell me asap. Thank you.