Kushagra

Improve performance?

what are you trying to achieve by driving in this fashion.

I mean what is the logic behind this

are you trying to cool the engine this way ?

are you upping the air intake this way ?

did you account for the drag ?

IN SHORT DONT DO IT ,

YOU DONT KNOW TILL HOW LONG WILL YOUR BONNET LOCK HOLD .

DONT PUT YOURSELF AT RISK FOR THIS LITTLE SCIENCE PROJECT.

I do not drive like that but its just a question that came in my mind .The logic behind it was that if we drive slow won't the air intake in engine be better.

Don't worry I know its risky and I'll never drive like that but its just a random question . As long as the air drag is concerned I dont think there would be too much of drag.

There is a fan behind the radiator you know. That circulates air whether your car is standing still or running. That air comes in through the front grille. W.r.t the engine air intake, that gets in through an air filter. In both cases, keeping the bonnet open or close doesn't matter.

If you want better performance, go for performance mods- performance carbs, MSD, low restriction exhaust ECU remapping etc. Also be prepared to take a mileage hit due to the same

Ameyam

You are openly inviting people to mess with your engine, inviting rats and cats by providing shelter, creating more drag resulting in poor FE and sometimes the engine may as well not cool enough as the cooling is engineered with bonnet closed and if there is no resistance of bonnet then the air from the grill will directly go to the top and cause even more over-heating.

Atmosphere condition is also risky. If you want better cooling then just make a hood-scoop and check whether you bonnet will have same rigidity with hood-scoop.