librankur

Current Vehicle Recalls

Adding to the previous post

Looks like the season of recalls is here..

Ford EcoSport Recall 4379

- lower control arm check

- front recliner lock check

Source

C&B,NDTV on MSN video

9 hours ago, librankur said:

CRYSTA AND FORTUNER RECALL

- recalled to fix faulty wiring harnesses and fuel hoses, and the replacements will be carried out by authorised Toyota dealerships across India at no cost to the customer.

SOURCE

https://www.cartoq.com/toyota-innova-crysta-fortuner-recalled-in-india/amp/

Thanks.

I have already fixed an appointment for my Crysta diesel this week to get the engine wiring harness inspected. As per my talk with SA it will take couple of hours to inspect and in most cases they will just be taping the harness wherever necessary (replacement will be in very few cases). I will update the action taken on my car here later.

Actually they have 2 recalls, engine wiring harness inspection and taping for diesel Innova/Fortuners and fuel hose routing inspection for petrol Innova/Fortuners.

Obviously number of petrol Innova/Fortuners will be far less than diesel ones, so impact of engine wirning harness is more.

Interestingly, recall for wiring harness was declared on 7-May as per Toyota website and they were fixing it silently for Innovas which were coming for regular service. Recall for fuel hose routing was announced on 3-Jul.

https://www.toyotabharat.com/announcements/

Got my Innova Crysta attended for the engine wiring harness campaign.

Took around 2 hrs for the job, majority of time is spent in removing windshield cowl as in case of Innova some part of engine gets covered under it. For Fortuners it is much easy for them as full engine is accessible.

Attaching an image which shows the part in red where they will open, check and do the taping.

As per technician it's a precautionary step as wires passing through that channel can rub against each other and deteriorate over time.

Also got my 20k service done along with it.

Innova.png