Sign in to follow this  
figolover

Rats in car :(

Hi all,

Last week i found out that sad fact - rats started roaming inside my car. It is a very distressful moment. Whenever i turn on the fan of ac, bad smell comes out of the ac vent for sometime. So i think rats got into there also. So i have decided to get the car to the A.S.S and get the ac duct cleaned up and have a check up for the car. But there are some fruit shops near my house (the shop owner also ). And so i think rats may continue their attack on my car. My doubt is how to prevent the rats from entering further into my car. I have found out that there is a product - Ultrasonic rat repellent - in market which will keep the rats away by making some ultrasonic sound. It seems to be a neat and clean way. But will that product really works? Have anyone used it before? Also please tell me other options that will prevent rats away.

The interior of a car is pretty much sealed and watertight, wonder how they would get in there... probably due to some damage or hole somewhere. Rats can be pretty nasty as they will mess with the electrics by cutting wires. You need to get the car checked and to find how the rats have access to the interiors.

Wrap tobacco of strong smell in muslin cloth and securely tie them inside the engine bay. The stink makes rats go away and trust me I am a victim of rats they shorted my alternator and airbag control module.

Thanks For the info. Meanwhile I have a info to share with you. One of my friend suggested it. There is a product avaiable in market which is more like a glue in a plastic plate. Rats will get stuck in the glue when it enters the plate. The advantage of it over poison is that we need not fear that, after eating posion, rat will die out in some inaccessble part of the car. This product costs less than 100 INR in market. I have caught a rat in using that and the rat is now resting (permanently) under soil.