Sign in to follow this  
bhavneet

Swift Vdi -> #4th service #20000 Kms

Hey guys! So time just flew by from May last year when i got my swift. So here I am with 4th service update with 19000 Kms on the clock!

Service centre - Maruti Service Masters, Okhla, New Delhi. Booked the car for service a day before, landed up at their gates on Saturday morning 7.45 AM :D . Mine was the 2nd car they booked! Gosh someone beat me <_< . So then came the SA and did an estimate of the tasks to be done, made an estimate of approx 9k! I was like dude seriously??! I took his sheet and started line item wise calculation. Engine oil 3600??! He had quoted for synthetic oil. So i asked him to switch to mineral oil which was like 1000 bucks. Following is the list of components that were changed.

1. Engine oil, Shell (15W40) - Rs 708
  2. Coolant - Rs 627
  3. Cabin air filter - Rs 311
  4. Service kit for new swift diesel (Diesel filter+ Oil filter) - Rs 1609
  5. Brake fluid - Rs 276
  6. Paid service - Rs 1375

Total amount including taxes was Rs 5838/-. Pretty much satisfied with the job. Any comments or suggestions?

@bhavneet, the list of items replaced seems to be ok. Though i guess cabin air filter and coolant could have been avoided (though it depends on the condition at the time of servicing).

Service centers are just looting in the name of synthetic oil, a car primarily being run in a city with regular servicing done, doesn't require synthetic oil, mineral oil is more than enough for the job.

Also, almost 6k for regular servicing seems to be a bit on high side. Also, is it 4th service or 3rd one, as i think service interval is 10k for swift?

Maruti's TCO is no more cheaper i guess, my Etios regular servicing till date for 30k kms has costed 5800 (1200 + 2100 + 2500).

@bhavneet, the list of items replaced seems to be ok. Though i guess cabin air filter and coolant could have been avoided (though it depends on the condition at the time of servicing).

Service centers are just looting in the name of synthetic oil, a car primarily being run in a city with regular servicing done, doesn't require synthetic oil, mineral oil is more than enough for the job.

Also, almost 6k for regular servicing seems to be a bit on high side. Also, is it 4th service or 3rd one, as i think service interval is 10k for swift?

Maruti's TCO is no more cheaper i guess, my Etios regular servicing till date for 30k kms has costed 5800 (1200 + 2100 + 2500).

Ya its definitely on the higher side. Although i did my best to restrict the bill by avoiding synthetic oil and strictly abiding by the manual. This was the 4th service and since I rake in a lot miles pretty quickly, went ahead with the coolant change also (it was also mentioned in the manual). Maruti is no more a "cheap" maintenance brand! :wacko:

@bhavneet, thanks for sharing this info buddy, I will be also taking my Ritz diesel for 4th service (2nd year ends by March 2014).

Also, did you feel any change in engine response, noise level, vibrations after switching the engine oil to mineral?

@bhavneet, thanks for sharing this info buddy, I will be also taking my Ritz diesel for 4th service (2nd year ends by March 2014).

Also, did you feel any change in engine response, noise level, vibrations after switching the engine oil to mineral?

No difference in vibrations. Engine noise , hmm actually I heard another swift which had come for service for 30k kms, he was using synthetic from day 1, I didnt feel any difference, I might be wrong in this.1 difference I felt was in high speeds, initially when the car had synthetic and the mileage was around 8500kms, I touched 145kmph and it was smooth. But after switching to mineral touching 130 I felt an unrefined drive or in other words it didnt feel as smooth as it was initially. But no change in daily city driving. Plus the saving u can see for urself. Anyhow maruti has set a service interval of 10k kms so mineral oil is a gud option.

Nice report bhavneet . Some pictures will add more value to this thread

Thanks buddy, i didn't take any pics. It was actually a foggy day and damn cold, so just stayed in the customer lounge and waited out until the delivery , straightaway went to home, and in my quilt! :D :D