dr_nishu

TATA unveils Bolt hatchback & Zest compact sedan

Latest News: The Bolt is expected to come with a an AMT transmission similar to Celerio. This will be available in diesel too. Launch could be in June next month.

Source - Team-BHP.

Latest news from sources reveal that the launch date of the compact sedan and the hatchback is scheduled in August and September respectively.(sorce - motoroids)

Edited by Sandy

Tata is delaying the launch of zest and bolt .If it is delayed too much it will loose its charm and will loose market to other rivals like Xcent, dzire & amaze. The same happened to NANO because of delay in its launch, it lost the market. So before people exhaust by waiting TATA should start delivery of ZEST & BOLT .

Very True

Storme suffered because of its monumental delay , some put it close to 7 years.

Now some reports online are putting this launch to be early 2015, no one knows the exact dates.

Recently I have test driven Zest diesel top end and here are my view points

Interior: Spacious, infact more practical than Dzire and more plush than Amaze. The comfort on front seat is just great and there is no compaint of leg room on the rear.

Feature: Loaded with all the features which someone would want in today's time in their car. I specially liked the new touch screen audio, the sound quality is just perfect - thanks to HK audio system.

Quality: the fit and finish on the outside is just different than other TATA cars. You will not realize that it is a TATA until you dont see the logo. However, the interior plastic quality is hard. It is not like Amaze or Dzire.

Steering: Super light. It feels like Honda and behaves very well on low as well as on high speed. It is really a thing cant believe for me after driving my Ritz diesel for 2+ years. The comparison was just out of box. Zest score way high on light steering. Manuverability is also good as I said above.

MJD/QuadraJet Diesel: The noise reduction material being used in the car is just perfect. TATA had done well in the case of Vista. However, now with Zest they have taken it even further. Amaze does not stand near to this as we all know and even Dzire is very close.

There is no turbo lag what so ever. You press the accelerator and there she goes. Nothing like DDiS at all. The car which I drove was clocking near 2400 KM on ODO, and the guy told me it is over due of 1400 KM on its first service interval which is not yet done and should have been at 1000KM. So keeping this in mind, I would say it is super slient.

Clutch: Super light perfect for city and highway both.

GearBox: This is one compartment which i somehow could not convince myself. I found the shifting little harsh and stiff.

Ride Quality: It just takes the potholes with ease. The overall suspension set up is nice. It neither given up Ride comfort nor on the drive quality though there is body roll but it is not like Manza.

Price: 7.79 Lakh ex showroom Gurgaon.

Do you feel the "BOLT" will be able to compete with hatchbacks such as Punto Evo , VW Polo , Hyundai Grandi i10 , Hyundai Elite i20, Maruti Swift , ? I don't see BOLT as a hot hatch unless it is offered at a price below 5L to compete with Nissan Micra (Base Version) / Wagon R / Ritz / Chevrolet Beat etc.....

Tata launched the Bolt hatch back in 4 trims today at an even in Mumbai. Will be available in petrol and diesel. However there will be no AMT on offer as of now as seen in the Zest. The prices are are follows

Ex Showroom Delhi

Petrol

XE - Rs 4.44 lakh

XM - Rs 5.15 lakh

XMS - Rs 5.40 lakh

XT - Rs 6.05 lakh

Diesel

XE - Rs 5.49 lakh

XM - Rs 6.11 lakh

XMS - Rs 6.34 lakh

XT - Rs 6.99 lakh

And here are some pictures of the car taken at the launch. The car on display had a body kit and different design alloys which can be bought at the dealer level.

post-7692-0-64260100-1421921327_thumb.jppost-7692-0-66465400-1421921328_thumb.jppost-7692-0-74888100-1421921329_thumb.jppost-7692-0-53410600-1421921330_thumb.jppost-7692-0-19730300-1421921331_thumb.jppost-7692-0-91730000-1421921331_thumb.jppost-7692-0-92715600-1421921332_thumb.jppost-7692-0-00267400-1421921334_thumb.jppost-7692-0-11574300-1421921335_thumb.jp

They should have plugged the LACK of AMT hole right away , the AMT is a sure success in the Zest and not having it ,right from the word GO , loses out on some extra bookings atleast .

Also the Introductory prices means these are not going to last forever , maybe after these prices are withdrawn will we see the real people specific models being launched

I mean , the AMT and CNG variants.