plainman007

Tata Nano. 2nd Free Service. Can we see them changing oil. Do they even do it ?

Hi,

Have any of you asked to see your cars oil change being done ?

Some service stations dont drain the oil fully etc and ive had friends experience things like this.

With all the awareness of consumer rights doing the rounds, i guess how they still refuse to let you see them working on YOUR car.

Do share your thoughts.

Thanks

While some service stations do allow you to stand alongside the car and monitor the work, most of them do not let you remain standing alongside the service engineer throughout the duration of the service. However, you can definitely make periodic visits and check for the work being carried on by the service engineer. Do ensure that the same is stated to the service centre manager before the car is given for servicing. For places which strictly prohibit owner's entry into the workshop floor, most of them have a dedicated area from where one can monitor the car getting serviced from a distance. I have personally never faced any problems in this regard. Do share your experience in case your service workshop does not allow you to monitor you car getting serviced.

Hi Hersch,

I just spoke to them at Concorde Motors, Chennai Ambattur and they declined to have me inspect the vehicle, even from a distance.

Thats a little shady. I wonder why ?

Then he was trying to tell me he will try and get special permission etc but still feels they wont allow it.

That is definitely shady. I would suggest that you take your car to another service centre, one which allows you to monitor your car from a distance at least.

I have Maruti, Honda and TATA indigo(GLS). Honda has a viewing gallery. At the maruti you can make a regular visits near your car in order to see if all going well.

As the TATA, the parent company, works like a public ltd. firm, incase you are thinking to complain online would not take you anywhere.