rohitpib

Confused between Verna SX AT and Vento HL MT

Hi,

I have been driving a Swift ZXI for 5 years now. Have a very very old ligament injury in left leg. And have found my left leg talking to me very often when it peddles the clutch especially in city traffic.

Planning to take a car under 12lac under my employer's car scheme. Car on-road has to be under 12lac under the scheme and I have the below choices:

1. Honda City 2014 Petrol. SV automatic or V manual.

2. Vento TSI automatic or Highline Manual

3. Verna SX automatic or Manual.

Most of my drive will be city bumper to bumper traffic: Monday to Friday... :(

Quality and safety conscious.

Ruling out Honda due to its high price tag. Vento TSI is out of budget since it will cost > 12lac.

Verna SX automatic:

Like for below reasons:

1. Its automatic

2. Loaded with features.

3. Looks good

Concerned about:

1. Engine quality ~ Korea make.

2. Mileage. Manual Verna gives 10-11km/l in city. Automatic may only give 8-10km/l !

3. Ride and Handling Quality, especially highway drive. Car unstable when you hit upwards of 80km.

4. Braking. Is it true that breaking is not effective in Verna automatic cars since the gearbox not sending torque to the wheels and hence lack of braking pressure ?

5. Suspension. read poor reviews for verna. My friend is also complaining about this back ache...

6. Above all concerned about resale and maintenance of automatic car. Heard Vento automatic gear box is not really the best with only 4 speed transmission.

Vento Highline Manual Petrolke

1. German quality

2. Stable and comfortable driving

3. highway drive.

Dislike

1. Its manual drive. Have heard clutch are (or get) heavy in Vento petrol.

Not knowing how the India cities will be after 2-3 years, am highly inclined to buy a automatic car.

Please advise !

New Honda City SV CVT variant in Delhi retails at around Rs.9.31 lacs & I'm sure for On-road price it'll fall very well in your budget category of <Rs.12 lacs.

I suggest you to go for it.

Else other options in price range includes Skoda Rapid Automatic, it'll also costs you below Rs.12lacs for on-road pricing.

Rest check the prices of these cars in your city, i've taken the case of prices in Delhi however they don't vary much in any other city.

You can check the Skoda Rapid AT but its AFSS might be a problem.

And from the said cars, Vento has heavy clutch so it won't make sense as your left leg is injured. So Verna is a ideal option. The updated Verna has improved a lot, now it drives a lot better in higher speeds.

Get your hands on the New Verna and it won't regret you. Good Luck :)

The Honda makes a lot of sense.

The Ford Fiesta is another capable automatic , though eclipsed by its looks.

On the lower end try your hands at the Sunny Automatic.

You have to Test Drive them all before you set your mind on anyone.

If you ask for my opinion i would have chosen the Sunny Automatic as it makes for a value for money proposition.

@rohitpib ...since you are driving swift,,I w'll suggeset you to think of Polo TSI ..smashing..

..an updated look is probably going to hit in May...or else think of honda City [with paddle shifters}.SV variant...

so the jury in not pro Vento ;) will test drive Ford. Ruling out City SV CVT on pricing -- on an apple to apple comparison, Honda City SV CVT (without alloy and rear camera) is expensive, almost 1lac compared to Verna SX AT (with alloy, rear camera).

going back to the drawing board... :(