Sign in to follow this  
rai2000

Buying used mercedes

Hi

I need some advice. i want to buy used Merc C class. My budget is about 12 lakhs. Which variant of C class is best for a small family. My driving will be about 40 miles a day.

Is there a reliable agency which can inspect and examine the veichle and give a detailed report before I buy?

Do I go for a older car with low miles or a newer car with high miles?

Thanks

It is highly unlikely to get a sparingly used C class which is no more than 3 years old within a budget of 12 lacs. I would suggest that you settle for a brand new vehicle instead with this kind of budget. European cars are really heavy on the pocket in both short and long term and unless you are prepared to spend a fortune at the service centre, its best to avoid them. But what I can certainly make out is that you do have a taste for finer things in life and hence the urge to splurge on a Merc. I would suggest that you extend your budget a bit and try out the Hyundai Elantra. Its pretty comfortable at the back, gives you that feeling of luxury, and is easier on the pocket too compared to the European beauty. I am sure you would not return disappointed from the showroom.