Sign in to follow this  
Shane

Chevrolet Optra SRV

Hi,

I would like to know if it is worth to buy a Optra SRV which has a milage of 38000kms for 3L..

Also tell me wat are the things i should be looking for if im gonna get it.

Thanks

Shane

SRV was another looker and Indian car market was not matured to accept such a beautiful car unlike other Palio 1.6 S10, GTX etc.

I recently bought Palio S10 which is iconic car from FIAT and SRV is also one of the best car from Chevy launched in 2006 and discontinued in 2010.

The asking price of 3 lakh is on higher side for me. Can you please provide year of MFG, number of owners, overall condition of the car, if possible share photos as well.

Let us know if it is 1.6 or 1.6 option.

My quote would be around 2-2.5 lakh as per the condition of the car.

It should not be more than 1.8 to 2.3 lacs.

Points to be considered:

Age- must be 6-7 years old, price depreciates.

Mileage- Though its low, but its a petrol car.

Spares and repair- This will be pocket burning for you.

Overall condition- If its well maintained then 2 to 2.3 lacs would be fine.

Tyres- If new tyres or medium worn out then add 10k more.

Clutch Pedal- Check the clutch pedal, if it has worn out then deduct 5k.

Body dents/scratches- For every major scratch/dent, multiply the number of scratches/dents with Rs 1500. Deduct from the final amount.

Fluid/filter service record- If service not done at the recent interval, deduct 5k.

Battery age- Check the age of battery. Also check starting and other electrical. Deduct 3k for a weak battery.

Do post the pictures and other details about the car. We can better guide you then only.

SRV was a flop model which was a decade ahead of its time but also due to GM's poor product placement strategy as it was only 50k cheaper than the Optra which by far had better plastic and interior quality so it was a no brainer.

3 lakhs is a really an over-ambitious amount for a petrol old flop model with poor FE, I would avoid it but if I will buy then no more than 1.75 lakhs because the tyres need changing (tyres too age and become hard). Also you will have to change belts and other unknown maintenance costs so the car will overall cost more than 2 lakhs.

I would not spend a penny more than 1.5 lacs on a SRV and that too when I do not have to spend anything on getting it repaired or replaced (tyres, battery, and the likes).