Sign in to follow this  
bhpcrazy

Rendering: 2016 Skoda Superb

Skoda put the facelift Superb on sale earlier this and at the same is working on the all new Superb which should be introduced in 2016 and will be based on VWs MQB platform. It looks similar to the new Octavia in the rendering but looks could be completely different once it comes out. Here is the pic

post-9756-0-16973600-1397035453_thumb.jp

Source

I don't think they will deviate from the formula that has made the current car a success. They would be stupid to. They already have cars of the same size as the rendering above from VW and Seat. They will update the design but won't ditch the space and value proposition the Superb is known for.

S claas like space in a car of quater price, the superb was the hot but of this segment! The accord and passat were discontinued due to poor sales but Superb went on superbly! The car has good performance, DSG boxes and all the luxury that the E class has!

I agree with every word Prashantroxx said above!! Its no doubt an awesome car and with if the car in the pic above gets launched, sales figures will definately go off the roof!!

AMG1, the Superb could be a poor man's Merc S65 AMG if fitted with Pete's Tuning Box, what say? :wub:

I think the VW group is taking the "family look" of its cars a bit too seriously! I would say that the current VW Jetta is a design disaster, which lost its identity altogether. It works in markets where the Vento is non-existent, but certainly not in places like India. I still find it hard to tell the difference between them at first look.

The current Superb is very good as it has its own identity, not to mention the cavernous space and top class comfort. A real bargain, considering its rivals and even high priced cars like the E-Class.

Superb customers would want a car that is distinct and not one that looks like an Octavia. While the family look works on certain high end brands like Mercedes and BMW, I wonder if VW and Skoda, that were essentially budget brands could command such a premium status.