Sign in to follow this  
piyushgoel

Compact sedan or hatchback

if you are a kind of guy who goes to weekand trips with your friends and family then compact sedan is best but if you are more city rider or you don't use boot much then hatchback is best. you can see more details from this:http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/auto-insight/hatchback-vs-compact-sedan-which-one-to-buy/18189/

I guess put in little more money and buy Honda Citi with corporate or base mode will, I guess that car is complete car.

My choice of hatch back are in sequence POLO TSI, Swift ZXI, Micra Safety pack...,

Whats your Budget - Rs 9L ON ROAD

Kms driven monthly - 700KMS

Bodyshell - Hatch/Compact Sedan

Max No.of Passangers - 3

Boot space Importance - Medium

Usage by - normal

Ownership - City

Safety -Medium

Prime requirement - Ride

I guess put in little more money and buy Honda Citi with corporate or base mode will, I guess that car is complete car.

My choice of hatch back are in sequence POLO TSI, Swift ZXI, Micra Safety pack...,

i currently own swift zxi (2006) n octavia elegance(2013)

as swift is old n petrol thinkin to change dat

looking forward to your needs and budget i would suggest a compact suv will be a good option .

Looking to market scenario you have two major players renault duster and ford eco sports.

Compact SUV can be useful for both on road daily drives and off roads outings plans.

At the same time spending 9 lakhs for a hatchback wont be a good option, better move with a compact SUV !!

Ahhh! Tough to choose one with that budget

Looking at your budget and requirements, IMO you can get a top spec premium hatchback. Take a look at the Hyundai i20 asta PETROL, yes petrol because your monthly usage is low. Anything above 1k I would have suggested the Diesel. I20 really is the best city hatch you can buy. Has good ride quality and top level features.

But If you can stretch your budget a bit, then take a look at the new City or Hyundai Verna.

Take a TD before you choose one.

Ahhh! Tough to choose one with that budget

Looking at your budget and requirements, IMO you can get a top spec premium hatchback. Take a look at the Hyundai i20 asta PETROL, yes petrol because your monthly usage is low. Anything above 1k I would have suggested the Diesel. I20 really is the best city hatch you can buy. Has good ride quality and top level features.

But If you can stretch your budget a bit, then take a look at the new City or Hyundai Verna.

Take a TD before you choose one.

I was thinkin of city diesel but heard that in cabin there is too much noise..is it correct..?

I was thinkin of city diesel but heard that in cabin there is too much noise..is it correct..?

Yes, there's some kinda noise from the cabin. You can also check the Nissan Sunny, has everything good and well packed. Hyundai Verna too is a good city car, but in highways a bit stable because of soft suspension, though the newer version has improved a bit

Total 700 KM in a month, a diesel not make sense as such return of investment become low and maintenance cost goes up. Stay with need objectively, consider a car either a hatch back or sedan with safety package like ABS and AIR BAG.

Total 700 KM in a month, a diesel not make sense as such return of investment become low and maintenance cost goes up. Stay with need objectively, consider a car either a hatch back or sedan with safety package like ABS and AIR BAG.

yeah I kno dat as its nly 700km per month so petrol is better option but I want a diesel coz in ma family dey r tellin to buy diesel...I want a car fully loaded wid features n wid diesel engine...!!..so I want to kno best car in dat range..I m gettin confused between many cars in market..cant decide ny

Hatch Back Swift ZDi or Polo Comfort line diesel (very noisy) or Polo GT D or Punto 90 BHP (not sure for the variant) are my choice.

A friend of mine having I20 top end variant since lunch and he very happy and gives feeling of Big Car from inside.

Toyota Etios got upgrade may be another choice to explore.

Please do maintain an excel sheet with SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threat) ... of all test drive car.

yeah I kno dat as its nly 700km per month so petrol is better option but I want a diesel coz in ma family dey r tellin to buy diesel...Iwant a car fully loaded wid features n wid diesel engine...!!..so I want to kno best car in dat range..I m gettin confused between many cars in market..cant decide ny

Then go for the Diesel i20 top model, the CRDi motor is a gem of a engine. You will have good space, luxury feel inside and good looks outside with FE of about 19 average

Edited by LeoRahi

i am planning to buy a car within 9 lakhs on-road...n m totally confused what to buy...

i want a car for daily use travelling approx 35-40km per day...plz plz help me

Dear firstly as you are able to invest upto 9 lakh rupees on a car, then I will recommend you to go for a sedan instead of a hatchback. It's reason is that more features can easy be attained under your price range.

Now in SUV category, I will give you the suggestion of Honda Amaze or Honda City. Amaze will give back a power pack mileage of 26 kmpl which is best in the sedan segment. Also the features installed in this sedan are satisfactory. On the other hand, Honda city is also a luxurious car which can give a mileage of approx 19 kmpl. But in terms of interiors, Amaze lacks behind Honda city. The price range of both the cars are estimated t be in the range of 5-10 lakhs category.

Then go for the Diesel i20 top model, the CRDi motor is a gem of a engine. You will have good space, luxury feel inside and good looks outside with FE of about 19 average

I just dont want i20..4 of my cousins own dat so m not bringin it i my mind it is an osom car but I dont want dat....

I have come down to xcent top end or honda city mid or basic variant. .ill td them soon n let u kno wat m goin to buy..!!

Thank you guyzz fr helping me..!!!

I just dont want i20..4 of my cousins own dat so m not bringin it i my mind it is an osom car but I dont want dat....

I have come down to xcent top end or honda city mid or basic variant. .ill td them soon n let u kno wat m goin to buy..!!

Thank you guyzz fr helping me..!!!

Haha! From the xcent and city, I'll go for the Xcent. Because it's a top end variant and will have manyy features rather than City mid variant

TD em and Decide

Good luck :)

Honda is second to none, It has snob value, and all utmost required safety feature even in basic variant to have in sedan.

I am not sure about performance and refinement of the D car.

Please do share us your conclusion once you zero down.

Due to my sisters marriage car purchase was delayed, and now finally have booked Elite I20 asta crdi (pearl white) around 2 weeks ago.

It was tough decision between elite i20 and i20 active, I then finally zerod down to elite as this car is for city use, and i didnt find i20 active that attractive too. And am just eagerly waiting for it to arrive. :lol:

Great!! Finally settled with I20, It is a very practical and beautiful.

I am waiting for Fiat 135 BHP punto or evo to launch; as its in paper seems complete car . Power 1.4 Turbo jet, 135 BHP, 16 inch all disk break wheels. I wish, its come by Diwali around INR 10 lac on road price.