neerajd

Ford Classic - Or should I consider any other car?

Just got off a call from a Fiat dealer.

Offering me a pre facelift Active variant for 8.5 lacs.

Does not come with ABS, not even as option, but pretty loaded with fancy stuff (rain sensing wipers and headlamps, follow me lights, service reminder, El mirrors, music player - no USB)

I think I'm going to check this out. I was really impressed with the Linea's solid tank like build.. and as RSSH suggested, I actually slept over on the decision to buy the Fiesta Classic. Will check it out over the weekend to see how things look with the Active variant.

I won't mind a pre-facelift model.

If you are ok to buy a basic Active variant then why you are checking out facelifted version which has better interiors than the prefacelift Linea?

It is also priced cloe to Rs. 8.5 to 9 lakh

Linea Facelift Active Rs 9,06,587

Linea Facelift Dynamic Rs. 10,30,900

Linea Facelift Emotion Rs. 10,80,990

Prices mentioned above are on road prices of Linea facelift in Pune and I think you can check out Linea Facelift Active variant as well. Give me a call and I will talk to SA from Pandit Auto as I know them personally.

Well Kedar, the new look goes for 9.43 on road which is about 90k more than the pre-facelift.

Not interested in stretching too far.

Also, had a word with a guy at office who owns a Fiesta Classic. Its damn too frugal.. his first paid service cost him 5k and the one after that ~2k.. not bad seriously...

Tried to read ownership reviews on Linea.. can't find as many as the Fiesta Classics'.

Will finalize within a week to end this dilemma :)

Agree.. I did check the site you referred.

Must say its a beautiful car.. But it ends there.

Linea is no way a cheap car to maintain. Saw a post where the 60k service bill was a whopping 32k! :wacko:

Sorry, that's not what I'm going to sign up for...

I also did not like the driving position in the fiat. Although the seats were better than the ford. The center console constantly nags ur knees.

This is some serious dilemma going on.

Neeraj, Why dont you check the new Xcent top end Diesel. It's new in the market, has some good features, FE.

IMO take a TD and then decide

The maintenance of the depends on how you maintained it from day 1 no matter if it is FIAT or any other car.

Don’t make up your mind or conclude by reading one negative opinion that a car is expensive to maintain. There are positive and negative reviews for every car in the market all over the internet so it all depends what your mind says to you.

I own a Punto 90HP which has Linea engine or I can say a Linea without boot and my maintenance cost is

1st Service 5000 = Rs. 0

2nd Service 15000 = Rs. 4500

3rd Service 30000 = Rs. 7500

4th Service (where all lubricants changed) = Rs. 10500.

So till 45000 km my service expenses for my Punto 90HP is Rs. 22,500 and next service is scheduled at 60,000 km & I don’t there will be major expenses required.

If you are feeling suspicious about the maintenance of Linea (is too expensive) then I would suggest you to stay away from the car.

Better you buy Fiesta Classic which is in your mind and by doing this you will get the car which you want :-)

Agree.. I did check the site you referred.

Must say its a beautiful car.. But it ends there.

Linea is no way a cheap car to maintain. Saw a post where the 60k service bill was a whopping 32k! :wacko:

Sorry, that's not what I'm going to sign up for...

I also did not like the driving position in the fiat. Although the seats were better than the ford. The center console constantly nags ur knees.

Hope you've signed a cheque yet.

If not Fiat then i suggest you to buy any car of your choice which haven't launched more than 4 years ago not more than that atleast, as during this period cars have become smaller in size, improved in dimensions, power, refinement, fuel efficiency & many other aspects.

A Ford Classic brought now will retain half of its value in next 2 years, reason being many more better & much refined entrants are coming including its successor new Figo sedan.

For current crop, service costs of all thr diesel cars cost more or less the same, but still i'd suggest you to have a Hyundai Xcent as it seems to be a most sorted package as Job or family oriented compact sedan.

No cheque signed yet Dr Nishu. I'm waiting for the May 2nd.. Akshay Tritiya.. if not the discounts, I'll book it on an auspicious day :)

I'm not looking to resell the car that I buy in 2 or 3 years. As I said, I'll be keeping the car for good. So resale value does not matter.

Also, I genuinely am of the opinion that the sub-4 meter run going on currently only benefits the manufacturer by way of sheet metal saved and excise cuts available. There is nothing that the customer gains here. The same engines run the hatches.

So an i20 is 3995mm and an Xcent is the same.. you get a slightly bigger boot, which means that the internal space is compromised. Agreed it has a smaller engine bay which eases up space inside.

I'm not fond of Hyundais' due to the ever known ride and handling issue. Also, I'm not fond of gizmos in my car. Ford gives me the drive and handling experience even on the MRF ZVTS rubber it rides on and apt amount of comfort features I need.

Its going to be the Ford Classic for me.

Don't mind a slightly old car if its going to make me smile everyday I take it out...

Edited by neerajd

@Neeraj

Its a fairy-tale romance, stay with your own volition, End of the day you going to drive and utmost important is your happiness and "make you smile every day" nothing more matter.

Keep it up. Do let me know when you final the car.

I may book Swift Zxi in first week of May, if I will get good price for my old baleno.

I think the problem was that I already had a better hatch. The overall experience with my current car is beyond satisfactory.

Combined with this, my staunch disapproval of sub 4 meter and my budget, it became even more difficult to zero in on a car.

With a car like Swift zxi, you'll end up wanting more from ur next car..

I'll be positively booking the ford this weekend.

you'll end up wanting more from ur next car...

It's a human nature, you need more or more than before.

If Merc Smart available in India, I would have bought the Smart car.

Actually I need small car with safety package and none other than Maruti Swift Zxi partial fulfil my need.

@neeraj- i suggest u also c tata manza its a proper 3 box sedan bigger than classic n have mre features in ur price bracket...at the end of day its ur choice...do say ur final decision ...manza is far more better dat fiesta...!!

@neeraj- i suggest u also c tata manza its a proper 3 box sedan bigger than classic n have mre features in ur price bracket...at the end of day its ur choice...do say ur final decision ...manza is far more better dat fiesta...!!

Actually I need small car with safety package and none other than Maruti Swift Zxi partial fulfil my need.

If your priority is Safety then you should go for Punto 90hp or Polo 1.2 TSi as these 2 cars are best when it comes to safety, ride and handling.

I dint find confident while driving Swfit especially V & L variants. Z variant was ok however no match to Punto and Polo breaking capabilities.

Neeraj good to see that you listened to your heart and buying Classic. Which color? Titanium variant?

Neeraj good to see that you listened to your heart and buying Classic. Which color? Titanium variant?

Yes Titanium variant. Will go for the Moondust Silver most probably, but the Chill Metallic is also under consideration. The car doesn't look exceptional in either colors but they have a very good ability of hiding minor scratches and swirl marks that automatically start showing up once your watchman starts cleaning your car :)

I used to wax my Swift (Azure Grey) regularly until about a couple of months ago... but work load has kept me from doing it since. So a lighter color would help.

Edited by neerajd

@piyush.. Thanks but no thanks! You may say it 5 times.. But it's still no

I'm not looking for a Tata product here..

Edited by neerajd

Ford classic 1.4 titanium booked...

Estimated delivery in 15 days.. My bad, did not realize my cheque leaves were over. So that adds another 5 days.. Else the car was home by May 12.

Thanks both. I've technically booked one and awaiting delivery.

But at the same time I'm also taking to another office of the same dealer for a better price.. Will get to know tomorrow morning. I can always stop the pay B)

The asking price is 8.84 on road in pune with zero depreciation insurance and 3rd yr extended warranty.

This dealership offered me on road for 8.58 with a basic kit free. That's just the mats and mud flaps. I want the door rubber moulding and seat covers too actually.. :P Lets see what this other sales guy can give me.

More updates tomorrow.

Ford classic 1.4 titanium booked...

Estimated delivery in 15 days.. My bad, did not realize my cheque leaves were over. So that adds another 5 days.. Else the car was home by May 12.

Congrats Neeraj ! So after all that discussion you zeroed to the Classic ;) . Anyday a good car to have! :)

Congrats neerajd for booking one.

The thread is going to be ended from where it started, sticking to its motive Well. Thumbs up.

The good thing is that you're going to buy what your heart wanted actually & Ford cars are made by heart so they appeals to the same & so will give you the satisfaction, thus needed.

Btw, you're lucky you're buying 4m+ real sedan where in this era the entry level sedan segment is being converted into compact sedan segment & maybe after an year or one & a half later, full fledged 4m+ sedans will be the products of higher segment & price range i.e in Verna, City range.