neerajd

Ford Classic - Or should I consider any other car?

Thanks Dr Nishu. I do agree with you. The entry level sedans are going to be the sub 4 meter ones. Ford will come with their Figo sedan in 2016 which will be a sub 4 meter and discontinue the classic at that point.

I happened to see the same Figo concept sedan for the Brazilian market.. And boy it does look handsome..

The govt norm of sub 4 meter is giving rise to a profitable segment for the manufacturer and putting sedans for minions on our roads.

It's only the Indians' love for the 3 box that drives the sales.. My opinion.

Congrats!!! Why not give the dealer a DD from bank directly debiting from account using your passbook. It might speed up the process since the dealer will take a day or two extra to process the cheque. Also do a PDI if possible and ask dealer for the 1.6S spoiler as freebie leave OE mats and mudflap which anyway are not of that much great quality ,try ebay/snapdeal for 3D mats which are prefect for out dusty environment.

Edited by rssh

Yeah I did not think about a DD. I'll call up the dealer to find out tomorrow.

PDI is on. I've asked the dealer for it. Will be getting the VIN tomorrow too. Downloaded a PDI checklist off team bhp site. Pretty comprehensive.

I'll be starting an ownership thread from now on to post updates there - starting with the PDI.

The spoiler is actually a bit expensive, close to 7k. The sales guy asked me to either take the 10k as discount or add accessories. I'll take the cash discount..

Have a friend who owns an accessory shop in pune. So would get it from him at a good discount anyway.

Edited by neerajd

Hey guys,

thinking of getting my Ford Classic Titanium diesel (9lakhs onroad in Bangalore) soon. Need your advise for me too as it is an aged one and the rear is a bit tightly packed. But the reason why IM still behind this is its sporty looks, claimed mileage of 22+, and it was also renowned to be the best drivers car under 15lakhs sometime back. Another reason being I would be taking the car for long rides once in a month for sure (more than 1000 kilometers in shot)

please tell me whether IM,making the right choice despite the fact that there a lot of new age models with umpteem features available in the market now when comparing with the Classic

Dear bibinabraham581, Welcome to the forum :).

Well, The Classic is no doubt a great car. Yes it's a bit old nowadays but "A star is always a star". You won't get the ride and handling of this car in any other in this segment. Looks are great, performance and FE are awesome.

IMO just go for it.

I'd suggest negotiate hard. You should be able to squeeze a 40k discount minimum.

Its a very good car to drive. And good average too. I'll be writing my 1 month review soon under the ownership section. Do check out