Sign in to follow this  
LeoRahi

My Hyundai i20 magna option petrol

Congo dude for your car.Can you please tell me how is the ownership experience of the car.I am also thinking of buying an Hyundai I20.

Thanks fella..You can check the OP for ownership experience :)

Hi, what's the FE of i20 Petrol? I bought an i20 in Jan 2014, getting FE of 8-9 kmpl, city driving, almost 90% AC on.

Hello..I'm getting 12kmpl in heavy Bumper to Bumber traffic and 17kmpl in highways with 100% AC on .. As your car is still new, that's why you are getting a low FE, it will increase with your running..Dont worry :)

15.5k Update : So, the car crossed 15500kms, Happened to travel to a place about 150miles away. And I'm amazed by the FE I got, 19kmpl? WTF? Was at Three digit speeds all the time. At first I thought I made some miscalculation but nope, 'twas all right.

I might go for a general check up soon. Will post further updates soon.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to pics from your trip . Shes serving you well

Unfortunately I don't have any pics from the trip. I didn't take my cam. This would sound stupid but that what has happened. :P

And yes indeed.

Edited by LeoRahi

Thought of going for the general check up but my bad found that the car has a dead battery , did the jump-start technique but it happened to be a problem with the alternator. Charged the battery at a local garage.

Hyundai service centre tomorrow for the faulty alternator and general check up.

More on the battery : Battery is damaged and i would need to replace it.

I'm screwed! How can this happen, I'd not done anything wrong that could cause this...WTF :angry:

@leo, have you changed your bulbs? They seem whiter than the standard ones.

No those are standard ones. This could be because of the edits :D

Edited by LeoRahi

@leo- that's weird, how can your battery be damaged. Do get a second opinion before getting a new one.

Also, I read your review and I must say that you have done a good job in evaluating the pros and cons of the i20. A bit surprised that you considered the Pulse and not the VW Polo.

@leo- that's weird, how can your battery be damaged. Do get a second opinion before getting a new one.

Also, I read your review and I must say that you have done a good job in evaluating the pros and cons of the i20. A bit surprised that you considered the Pulse and not the VW Polo.

Yeah, and I got it checked my another mechanic and opinion is that the Battery is damaged not the alternator is fine and a fuse was blown, Got it repaired and bought a new battery (EXIDE)after consulting with the Hyundai guys. It's fine now. :)

And thanks, The Polo wasn't in the list as my neighbour owns one. ;)

3 Years Done! I should have went for the 3 Year service in August but just couldn't take it for the yearly service due to some very busy days. Going in for the service within a week, surely!

3rd Year service done. First Non-Free service.

Service included change/checking of Oil Filter, Engine Oil, Coolant, Brakes and plugs cleaning, Washing/cleaning.

Everything costed Rs. 2000 + Labour Charges Rs. 1000 and the total was Rs. 3000 approx.

Changed the service centre this time and it was a much better experience, probably also because it was a new service centre.