sagar777

My handcrafted 1:18 scale models: Fiat Linea and others

passion for automobiles has been working inside me 24X7, that added with lots of free time resulted in this.1:18 scale model of Fiat Linea made out of thermocol and paper,completely hand crafted..

post-35798-0-88174500-1399398385_thumb.j

post-35798-0-57932600-1399398395_thumb.j

post-35798-0-45712400-1399398404_thumb.j

post-35798-0-79148100-1399398413_thumb.j

post-35798-0-90592300-1399398424_thumb.j

Good to see you here on ACI forums after Team FIAT India and you did fantastic job with the scale model. Why don’t you think selling these scale models online. I hope you don’t mind. BTW I am ready to buy if reasonably priced. :P

Appreciate your work. Keep it up. Observing your passion why dont you try this with other materials . I have noticed vintage car models handcrafted with steel as a work of art at various showrooms as decor. Those distorted shaped car models and even tank models are sold as high as 3 to 6 thousand. And they even dont involve minute and exact meausrements. You can give a thought . Atleast for your home decor. Good luck!

Good to see you here on ACI forums after Team FIAT India and you did fantastic job with the scale model. Why don’t you think selling these scale models online. I hope you don’t mind. BTW I am ready to buy if reasonably priced. :P

thanq 4 your appreciation :) as of now i cant think of selling these because of two reasons: each one takes quite a lot of time,no less than 4-5 days.now im busy with studies (doing btech mechanical engg.)..even if i manage to find tht kind of time,selling it later at a low price wont make any sense..

Appreciate your work. Keep it up. Observing your passion why dont you try this with other materials . I have noticed vintage car models handcrafted with steel as a work of art at various showrooms as decor. Those distorted shaped car models and even tank models are sold as high as 3 to 6 thousand. And they even dont involve minute and exact meausrements. You can give a thought . Atleast for your home decor. Good luck!

thanq 4 your appreciation and suggestion :) but even if i omit minute details,shaping the steel sheets would still be a problem..i'll need some serious machine aid..

thanq 4 your appreciation :) as of now i cant think of selling these because of two reasons: each one takes quite a lot of time,no less than 4-5 days.now im busy with studies (doing btech mechanical engg.)..even if i manage to find tht kind of time,selling it later at a low price wont make any sense..

Thats a beautiful model and the effort is seen. Do you have some work in progress pictures? Do share them. Well done

thank u for ur appreciation :) actually i dont have the work in progress pics of this one.but yes,there is more in store..i think i can find work in progress pics on one of them :D

thanq 4 your appreciation and suggestion :) but even if i omit minute details,shaping the steel sheets would still be a problem..i'll need some serious machine aid..

Sorry i went wrong with the Linea's scale..its 1:20 and not 1:18..By the way, posting the pics of the next one..1:20 Abarth Punto Evo (yes,i have a particular liking for Fiat :D )

post-35798-0-99926800-1399535981_thumb.jpost-35798-0-89031500-1399535989_thumb.jpost-35798-0-44941200-1399535998_thumb.j

This is just brilliant.

The FIAT Showroom is a piece of art itself.

How do you make these ? I mean from scratch , what material / metal do you use , how do you shape these , show us your tools.

Are you desigining something of your own?

And as is on everyone's mind here , show us a Work in progress or a Time lasped photographic sequence of previous builds that you have completed

Carry on the good work.

This is just brilliant.

The FIAT Showroom is a piece of art itself.

How do you make these ? I mean from scratch , what material / metal do you use , how do you shape these , show us your tools.

Are you desigining something of your own?

And as is on everyone's mind here , show us a Work in progress or a Time lasped photographic sequence of previous builds that you have completed

Carry on the good work.

thank u for the appreciation :)

if u meant the fiat showroom in the above pictures,there is nothing much to see about it..thats just a thermocol packaging that came with an lcd tv..(and dont mind the quality of that Fiat logo,thats my creation too :D

the basic bodywork is made entirely out of thermocol and paper for the detailing and finishing. and tools? there is nothing much to show.just a few pen-knives.

i have my own designs but they are still on paper..im planning bring them alive soon :)

i dont have the work in progress pictures of the above two..but there is a new model coming up,and i think i can find the work in progress pics of that one.

what you see here is a ford ecosport in the early stages of making..

the basic bodywork:

post-35798-0-34236400-1399654403_thumb.j

the work is on a standstill because i got busy with my studies ans semester exams are going on..will post more pics once i start working on it again :)

by the way.the linea and punto were made about four years back when fiat first introduced the models in india..in fact i had reworked on these two a few months back to transform them to the current look. posting the before and after pics

the linea before and after the transformation

post-35798-0-28954900-1399655485_thumb.j

and here you see a regular punto evolving into an abarth punto evo :)

post-35798-0-30651400-1399655475_thumb.j

Posting the first images of the nearly finished 1:18 Ford Ecosport..there has been a long delay because of my semester exams.The entire gallery coming up shortly. :)post-35798-0-15467200-1402486326_thumb.jpost-35798-0-33375600-1402486427_thumb.j