bhpcrazy

New Mahindra Bolero takes shape; launch in 2015 . Spy pics surface

Is this a sub 4 metre Bolero ala xylo chopped quanto types.

Also I think the compact SUV didn't have spare tyre on the boot in previous spy pics. May be M&M have changed the design to accommodate space wheel on tailgate.

Now M&M is cashing on the brand "Bolero" to reach large base of customers.

Bolero is "Alto" for M&M. M&M is already successfully selling Bolero in very respectable quantity and that to in SUV segement which no other car maker is able to do.

M&m should continue the current Bolero and should launch new Bolero side by side otherwise it may happen that people may straight away reject the new Bolero and may result in ruining of a successful brand just like "ZEN" as well as "Tata Sumo".

Maruti made mistake in entirely discontinuing the ZEN which was accepted quite well by people and they launched uninspiring Zen Estilo which was one of the superflop product from Maruti.

Tata also made mistake by discontinuing original Sumo and launched entirely new Sumo i.e. Sumo Grande and than MKII.

Best of Luck Team Mahindra for the success of new Bolero.

Edited by tejasmehta990

The overall look of the car is butch and handsome, which would appeal to most. Perhaps they should sell it along with the current Bolero which is the bread winner for Mahindra at present. I hope the new one is more ergonomic and user friendly than the current very utilitarian model, which could find favour in the urban environment as well.

Looks good for the segment to which it caters.

However after noticing its size from side, it seems to be a Sub 4-metre long car to avail small car excise duty benefits & another fact comes with the latter is that this might could be a Rebuilt Quanto with 1.5litre, 3-cylinder which isn't a good seller. But all in all this is a good move to refresh Mahindra's oldest yet rugged.

One thing i liked the most is hidden hinges of its doors, finally which a Bolero dreams & it needs.

post-4747-0-36542700-1418888133_thumb.jp

This new Mahindra SUV, Codename: U301 will actually be a direct rival to the Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano, what's more, Mahindra is cleverly keeping it at a length of under four-meters to avail excise benifits which would also give an edge on pricing. Mahindra's Duster-rival will hit our showrooms next year.

Pic source