Safety - ________________________________________ High

Are you OK with pre-owned_______________________ N

Is Aftersale price an Imp. factor-___________________ N

OK with high maintainance -_______________________ Y

Is Lower GC a problem-___________________________ N

How long you can wait- ___________________________ Indefinitely

Softcorner'd Manufacturer - _______________________ One and all

Prime requirement - Ride/ Handling/FE/Braking/Looks/AfSS/Passenger Comfort -All

After seeing most of my friends getting sucked into the Fiats current offer.I am also seeing myself falling into the same.

Am trading my old scrap vehicle for a 90HP Fiat Punto.

I am in a fix between the SPORTS ( white , red )and PREMIUM ( Blue) variants of the same, cannot decide on the colour.

Thought i have brought down the ON ROAD PRICE DOWN to 7.20L , in the few hours since morning today

Came up here for your valuable feedback and getting a grip on the situation

Seeking Advice for a beautifuly powerful vehicle with loads of goodies.

why Fuel type and efficiency, AS&S, Maintenance cost, Resale Value not mentioned.

Safety- High requirement and why a hatch back and not sedan is considered . (Skip budget,This will help me too to decide my new car)

(Sports or simply 90bhp) Go for your favorite color or the color matching your birth star or birth date/number. Avoid blacks

@librankur: you seem to be looking for your love i guess. Well there are only two which will suit your enthu demand. Swift RS Zdi and Punto 90 BHP.

Both of them are very good drivers' car and come with same engine but difference in HP. Do take a back to back TD of both of these.

However, if you have already fallen in love with Punto...wait for some time as the new bee is around so why got old design. Else, GO AHEAD :D

Since you can wait then I suggest waiting for new Punto as its in final stage of launch in June-July. Top model will be above 8 lakhs on road for sure. But since Punto is having excellent discounts as you are aware of then get it home. Do keep 30k aside for a remap though which will make it a complete entertaining package.

Yes, i am also tempted to wait for the new facelifted version perfectly knowing that i will lose big time on the current deal.The current model costs around 8.50L On Road without discounts.

This one i am planning to modify in stages, paddle shifters are top of my mind , till now cant find any aftermarket arrangement for the same for Punto .

Again a reason for my reluctance is the Polo GT that i see have a host of modifications possible.

I had a test drive Polo 3 Cyl Diesel and found that it is not so impressive in the sense of pickup at lower rev ( with and without AC) I did not feel a punch or thrust either at higher rpm. And I feel that GT TDI 1.6 L Diesel will deliver unwanted pickup for the vehicle, as it is doing well in Vento or Rapid,at a cost of nearly 2 Lakhs extra.A test drive is not available for the same. Analyzing such a scenario I would prefer 90 bhp Punto Diesel as with normal diesel Punto the engine was Fairly responsive at all rev and much better above 1800 rpm.Please post your views

Yes , There seems an invisible waiting list on the test drive of the Polo GT.

You must have heard of the old Punto being named Punto Classic when the new one gets launched.

I have to see the new car in flesh before I decide between the new and the old Puntos. , the discount on the old one is mouth watering as ever

some pics from the dealers lot

It surely looks a step up from the Polo GT styling.

While the dealer is pressing for the purchase came the news that Prices of Punto have taken a hit ,new prices soon

the wait continues

post-7385-0-78598300-1402286573.jpg

post-7385-0-58338000-1402286641.jpg

post-7385-0-95629100-1402287016.jpg

Looking at your requirement (highway usage) Punto 90HP is the perfect choice and you will be surprised how Punto 90HP performs after 100kmph.

It’s the time where other cars go out of breath Punto 90HP keeps pulling very strongly upto 170kmph and that acceleration is very addictive. This is my personal experience as I own Punto 90HP since last 3 years and completed 51000kms on odo.

I spent around 20k to service my Punto 90HP which includes 4 services at FASS.

Current discount schemes of FIAT are drooling and you get your car at very competitive price.

Please note that VW Polo GT series discontinued and new Polo will be launched in next month with 1.5 TDi engine with power output (80hp & 104hp). It is detuned version of 1.6 noisy TDi engine of VW group.

But Punto 90HP makes practical choice here, thanks for drooling discount schemes.

I hope this will help you to take decision. :P

yes ,

I if decide to go ahead with this buying venture it will most definitely be a PUNTO.

Waiting for the newer version of PUNTO to see it in flesh , have also heard it has got updated interiors at the same time just hoping that the discounts on the older one to get even bigger.