Seems the launch is not quite far now. Honda's new MPV finally seen on Indian roads. Looks quite impressive to me from the exteriors. What i dont like is the brio-like dash. Let the pics do more talking.

post-4747-0-50735900-1401537499_thumb.jp

post-4747-0-82628700-1401537508_thumb.jp

post-4747-0-68684500-1401537523_thumb.jp

Photo credits Swapnil Mhaske

Photo source

Exactly... Rear view is just lovely :)

But the Brio nose is kinda making the car look less aggresive than compared to the rear.

But saying that , an MUV from Honda , ppl will love it whatever it looks like :)

Ertiga is gonna need to find a good facelift very much soon !!!

Innovas/ Xylos as well need to find replacements or they are going to face the heat soon

Lets wait and see the price point it is launched with, I suspect it to be 1 lakhs cheaper/ or at par with City. They don't want Mobilo to eat Amaze share.

The rear end looks amazing and the side view is alright but the front is spoiled by cute headlamps which don't match for rugged rear.

Side and rear views are good, front not so.

As per ACI video review, there are 3 major sore points in Mobilio: Average interiors, High NVH (even in Petrol) and low seating height in 3rd row (meaning last row passengers sit with their knees up).

Personally I have great interest in this segment as I am looking for a compact MUV. As of now I am 50:50 on Ertiga and Mobilio.

I was rather expecting a Jazz based MPV than a Brio based. The Jazz has a smaller nose and could have freed up a lot of space internally with an extended wheelbase. That could have been a killer.. almost end of days for Innova.

The Brio was anyway tiny in proportions.. equal to an Alto maybe on interior space.. an inch or two wider maybe.

Creating a sub-4 meter "saloon" out of it.. maybe okay.. but a people mover! Sounds uncomfortable for the price it is going to ask..

My opinion...

I agree with neeraj here, especially after looking its onroad pics. It does not look a good from outside, Ertiga is much better looker herin aspect.

A Jazz based MPV would have made a much sense.

Nonetheless, its a Honda.. it will sell!!

A Jazz based would have had a wider track too.. making it comfortable for passengers and for the buyer to shell that kinda amount.

This is almost going straight into the City price band and the top end diesels will be fairly close to the City's - spec to spec.

Paying that amount for a narrower, hatch interior car - don't know how much sense it'd make...

A Jazz-based MPV would be expensive to build too and if I am not wrong, its mostly the same platform that underpinns the Brio-Amaze-Mobilo-Jazz with minor modifications. Corrections welcome

Killer Combination = Honda Brand + Diesel Engine + 6+ seater capacity / loads of luggage space.

Seems like Honda is closely following Maruti Suzuki to take away it's market share from premium / semi premium segment cars (Viz. Swift Vs Brio , Dzire Vs Amaze and now Ertiga Vs Mobilio).

Honda may quote a +50K to 1L more than Ertiga for it's Diesel but the entry level Petrol Mobilio may be less than Ertiga to attract more foot steps in their showrooms.

Maruti is still lacking in Mid Size Sedan (Diesel) whereas Honda is far ahead in it's offering with New Honda City.

The Ertiga looks more spacious and better looking. Just like the Swift and Dzire outsells the Brio and Amaze by a long way, the Ertiga too is going to outsell the Mobilio. Like one of the posters above said, it would have been much better if it was based on the Jazz. But then, Honda may not be able to price it at Ertiga Levels.

Just an update, Mobilio was at display at Shipra Mall, Ghaziabad on 14-15 June.

I happened to visit the mall yesterday (which is just a stone throw away from my house) and saw it first hand.

As I had forgot to carry my mobile so wasn't able to take any pics.

First thing first, the staff there was some sort of marketing agency hired by Honda so were unaware of the features or details.

There were lot of people interested in having a look at it and giving their details to the personnel as possible leads.

The car on display was a golden one, shown in the first post. It was a petrol (iVtec) V variant.

Anyhow, the car look good from outside (specially the rear), better than Ertiga but with a lower stance.

Sheet metal was sort of okay but i guess thinner than used in Ertiga (though I haven't seen/felt Ertiga in such detail).

For a top end variant, ORVM didn't had the turn indicators on it.

Interiors were dual tone (beige/black) with same Brio/Amaze type interiors, though with faux wood used in central console and door arm rests. Ertiga interiors are definitely better than Amaze.

Space at third row was good (me and my wife were able to sit in last row, with middle slided back full. Problem though was poor under thigh support in last row. Also, the seats were pretty thin for all 3 rows.

Boot space with all rows up was again pretty good (better than Eritga).

So at the end I had sort of mixed feeling (neither too good or bad) for Mobilio. Once it gets launched and variants/prices are out then only it will get clearer if it is able to give Ertiga a run for it's money or not.

Edited by sachins