Sign in to follow this  
nikhilp

Looking for a luxury car around 50 lac

Hi, Im new to this forum. Seeking advice on buying a luxury sedan around the 50 lac range.

Already own the new honda city and fabia, now looking for a replacement for my ford endeavour.

Looking for a diesel vehicle with the good rear comfort, safety, good ride handling and latest technology.

Have shortlisted the new benz e class, bmw 5 series, jaguar xf and the volvo s80.

If there are better options, please add those too.

Welcome aboard nikhil. With 50 lakh Im assuming you are considering the smaller engined variants of the said cars. I would pick the E Class here . Though its not as involving to drive as a 5 Series, its scores in refinement and comfort. Also the 5 Series engine does get a little noisy at higher rpm but nothing as such with the E. The Jaguar and XF are great cars too but service can be a concern.

The new E-Class is one of the best bets if you want to go with a german car. Else for a little less, the Volvo S60 also makes a great buy, a size smaller but its loaded with safety features. The updated 5-series also gets lots of new features which could make a good deal too. Do hassle a lot with dealers for discounts as 5-series and S60 wont move out of the showrooms that quick. Jag XF also a good bet, service not that big an issue if your staying in Mumbai.

Volvo S80 is almost a decade old.

As suggested by others, I would also go the E-Way! The E-class, seems a safer bet for you. Yes, It's not as good as the 5 series in terms of Ride and handling but the rear seat comfort is far above than those of the others. The 5 Series and XF is not a bad choice though.

@nikhil, from the list of cars, it should be E class that you should pick.

I don't know about your exact requirements, but if you can wait till year end then Mercedes CLA class would be here.

Though I know it's a segment lower to E class and would be competing with BMW 3 series and Audi A4 but the coupe styled exteriors and outstanding interiors would be something special.

Look for E class, the 5 series is not that exciting if you want to driven around on back seat. Also the E class has improved a lot in terms of comfort and features.

The E Class is in its final leg as the new W213 will be introduced in a couple of years. But still between these go for the E 250 Diesel and it has got the 7 Speed unit which is more smoother and less jerky than the 5 series's ZF gearbox. So for comfort go for E and if u want something for driving BMW can't get better.

@nikhil, from the list of cars, it should be E class that you should pick.

I don't know about your exact requirements, but if you can wait till year end then Mercedes CLA class would be here.

Though I know it's a segment lower to E class and would be competing with BMW 3 series and Audi A4 but the coupe styled exteriors and outstanding interiors would be something special.

The C class is already there to compete wotb A4 and 3 series. The CLA will be under 25l which is half his budget. The A3 sedan will go in competition with this b.t.w.

The C class is already there to compete wotb A4 and 3 series. The CLA will be under 25l which is half his budget. The A3 sedan will go in competition with this b.t.w.

Yes but CLA is 40mm longer, a scant 7mm wider than existing C class.

Also, I read somewhere that it is expected to be launched at 30 lac+

I would suggest you that you should go for BMW. Recently there were many cases regarding faults in E-Class. The faults reported were as follows:- 1) Steering hydraulic failure;

2) Power window failure;

3) Complete engine breakdown;

4) Failure in activation / opening of airbags.

Apart from this, according to several customers the after-sales-service is not as satisfying. And the customers who had experienced these faults were very disappointed with the company response. Whereas BMW is a car which you do not need to look-after even till 10 years after buying... My brother has a 5-Series (2005 Model), he is very happy with the car... Still that "new car" feeling to him...