pryas

Next Car

guys i have almost decided to buy a car for myself and that will be 3 in our home , dad - civic , bro -swift

mine ......?   

well i had been given a strict budget of 2 lakh rs , and i saw a few list of used car which was given by my friend and there were 3 options

the santro Xing XP Black 03 - 2.00 ,03 Corsa 1.4 GSi  - 1.95  , the Palio 1.9 D ELX black 03 EL - 2.2

well Dint like to go for palio D 03 model as it had probs

Santro was gonna be a good choice but i thougt for the same price i can get sedan

my running is around 600 - 800 kms per month , and on the basis of this i have almost selected on buying the Used CORSA 1.4 03 model

well it would be of great help if you could suggest me about the maintenence and service costs of Corsa and Santro

My Another Querry is The tyres need to be changed and what size tyres would be perfect for CORSA ? i think the orignal tyres of corsa is 175 / 70 R 13

Please Advice As soon as possible

Regards,

Priya

i had a corsa 1.6...... some engine i must say........ the maintainance wasn't that much but the running cost sure was...... but the performance made up for it..... good you going for 1.4.... will save you on fuel.......

obviously santro will be having cheaper maitainance and all...... but if you getting a sedan go for it.......

Santro is a low maintenece car for sure.and u will definitely enjoy its drive.if  u are going  drive  mostly  in  city  then  go  for santro.Corsa  is a  good car.It  has  got  best  handling and ride in its class, on the other side it has got drinking problem and i m not sure about the parts.Its also a bit high on maintenance.But for the high way driving its a 1 of the best car.But don't pay 1.95 for that car.u should get it around 1.65 or 1.75..i wont recommend palio.

How about the Used Santro Xing XS ' date=' or Used corola or the 2 yr old City ZX ?

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

used corolla????..... are u meant corsa..... if you getting a corolla for this price what could be better.........

Well priya if you can buy the corolla , nothing better.

Also why not try a used Palio if you want performance ??

I know service and dealers suck but heck for the performance you get nothing's better.

Well gratz for getting to buy a car and keep us updated cheers.

PS: my friend has a corsa which is about 6years old and it works well even today except for ocassional hose pipe bursts.

Cheers

Well i dint say the Used Corolla for 2 lakhs , but i can extend my budget to whichever extent , say 6 lakhs , hope i get a goood used corola of 03 year or after that , also searching for good city ZX

Well anything isnt Finialised yet , also busy with my studies , will try my level best to keep you all updated , thanks

Regards,

Priya

try to buy a car that is currently in production and for which spares are readily available. Eurpoean cars like corsa are very expensive to maintain and since it is out of production , well it gets worse. Stick with the santro.. thats my opinion.. thouroughly reliable and very easy to drive. morever you will be surely selling it after a couple of years, so resale value will be much better whereas for the corsa it will be tough to find a buyer in the first place.

"try to buy a car that is currently in production and for which spares are readily available. Eurpoean cars like corsa are very expensive to maintain and since it is out of production , well it gets worse."

Good point RKNG and I second it.

@ Priya:

Opel's are very sturdy and tough cars but their maintenance could be killing. We had an Opel Astra 1.6 and we have spent a lot of money on parts. Definitely avoid the Corsa. If you want to buy a Palio buy the petrol not diesel and a car which has run less.

Santro is a good choice in my opinion. But if you want to go

upmarket  then you can choose between the old honda city and the

maruti baleno. Kindly avoid Opel cars. My family had an Astra and still

own a Vectra. They are very very expensive to maintain. You can also

look for a used Optra....should get a good one around 5 lakhs.

Corolla, i doubt you can find a god one below 7 lakhs, especially in karnataka.  

You can get SX4 Vxi at 6 lakhs or Optra 1.6 for 4.5lakhs avoid 1.8 very bad FE .Also you can come to Mumbai or go to Banglore for search for it Coz I think you don't have many option.