Lausannois

Skoda Yeti: Still a good buy today?

Hello everyone,

I'm looking out for an SUV and initally I looked into the Ford EcoSport and the Renualt Duster. The EcoSport has a 6-8 month waiting list here in Bangalore and the interiors of the Duster didn't exactly overwhelm me.

This made me look into the Yeti again. The interiors are well made, it has good characteristics and while it's not a huge car, it seems spacious enough. In fact, since most of the use will be in the city with some occational trips off the beaten path, the small size might be a postive. This will be a stretch for the budget but the basic 4x2 active version is just within my reach.

All these bring me to ask, is this still a good buy? Should I wait for the budget to come out? Is a successor in the works?

Also on a side note, since it's an older generation car, what's the best way to ask for a discount from Skoda? Is it possible? Anyone with experience of who the best Skoda dealer is in Bangalore? If anyone has personal experience, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for all the help.

Hello there

The Yeti, Yeah definitely a good car if you can live with Skoda's AFSS. But in recent years it has improved a lot and hopes for further improvement are alive. But actually what I feel is spending 15L for a bottom end Skoda just doesn't make sense. But then if you are ok with the money then just go for it.

And alternative for Duster, Yes The Nissan Terrano. Check it out, interiors are far more better. OR wait some months Hyundai's ecosport rival is on it's way!

I'll agree with Leo here. Spending 15 lacs for a base model of any brand does not make any sense.

So check out the Terrano. Actually a good car! Or wait for Hyundai to launch the ix25.

Hi

We need to definitely agree with the above statement and also rumours are being surfaced regarding volkswagen pulling out the plugs on Skoda brand itself considering the poor 2014 sales !!

So you cannot be assured of the future of Skoda cars another 5 years down the line, not to mention the terrific ASS stories we get to read across car forums ! ( Check out teambhp for many of these Skoda ASS issues) .

And yes , Hyundai Ix25 should be a good bet.

And not to forget the All new Mighty muscular Scorpio which is to be launched sometime in 2015. You'll never regret waiting for this ! And considering your budget of around 15 Lakhs you can probably end up laying your hands on the top spec variant !

Thanks for the replies guys.

BTW, I just saw that the local dealer has a 1 lakh discount on the middle-range model making it cheaper to get that than the base. Would your advise still apply?

For me, I don't necessarily need to fit too many people (5-seater is enough) but I'm looking for a good quality and reliability. It should also be good to use in a city. It's for these reasons that I was attracted to the Yeti.

Thanks for letting me know about the upcoming IX25. I'll take a look at what people are saying about it.

For a proper SUV do look at XUV 5OO or Storme

If i had 15L budget , Innova would it have been , with both eyes shut.

If you still have your eyes on the YETI ,do remember to ask for a huge discount as a new facelifted one is round the corner.

Why buy Yeti at 15 lakhs ? Or, at 18 lakhs with all road taxes, insurance etc.,

Why not look at XUV500 or Innova ?

You get the best service from Mahindra as well as from Toyota. Anyday, their

service is miles ahead of Skoda. It's going to be cheaper as well. Moreover,

you get a top end model than an entry level Yeti.

After all, the after sales service quality and other such support for the next

10 years should decide what you buy today.

Think about it dear. One or two lakhs does not matter much. But, the service

support for the next decade must mean a lot and should help you to decide.

All the best.

If you can wait for the facelifted Yeti, that would be the best bet. I'm a Skoda fan but this advice is a neutral advice from me :D . But your budget stretch is quite amazing! ;)

Thanks for all the great advise. I've decided to wait and see now. Let's see what Hyundai brings out or maybe some other company. Meanwhile, I might just put down a deposit on the EcoSport and I can always cancel if needed.

BTW, the budget stretch is because I'd be fine with 15 lakhs but there is no SUV (I'm more interested in soft roaders) for that price. There seem to be many in the 8-12 and in the 20+ lakh range.

P.S. Sorry for my delayed repsonses, apparently my posts need approval :).

Its like blowing money in dust or on SKODA. I wonder what is fascinated about yeti that you thought for discontinue car and notoriously famous company for after sale service. A company could not satisfy their highest selling and high value car owner , imagine how SKODA will treat a customer or owner of discontinue car's , customer will really need to bag for spare parts for their cars.