abhijain

Hyundai i30 coming to India?

well a site under const for i30 doesn't mean that hyundai has bought that url..... probably some web designer bought it as a investment so that he can sell it off to hyundai afterwards.........

i30 is a hatch and I don't think Hyundai is in a position to price it like an <ahem> Skoda, they will not be able to price it even close to the Fabia, though it will be much better. If it is priced like the Elantra, at introduction, it's sure to bomb at the box office. As the saying goes, "big" Hyundai's don't sell in India. Sonata is selling in appalling single digits/monthly despite its CRDI engine: it all boils to perception as 'cheap'. Many foray's into Skoda and Honda territory, by Hyundai have gone horribly wrong. Me thinks even the Santa Fe will not hit the sweet spot as the Honda CRV has it all covered despite being a petrol. Hyundai survives in India; only because of its small cars: Santro and i10< Even the Getz is not a nonstarter, compared to the Swift> and it's exports. I know my assessment is a little rude for my favorite car maker; but that's what is.Durango Dude2008-02-14 04:08:51

well, I feel that if Hyundai can put in the 1.5 CRDI from the Verna in the i30 and introduce it between the Getz and the Verna (it is smaller that the Verna but larger than the Fabia/Getz), they're looking at a super-hit bec of the obvious success of their CRDI motor. After all, the car market growth is coming only in the hatchback segment and the i30 makes a logical choice after the success of the i10...or doesnt it?

News, pictures, reviews, and announcement of the new car from Hyundai has been released and flying all over the internet, after a good response of the i10, Hyundai will be bringing most of their new series, and one of them is the i30 which will soon make to India, maybe in mid-2008. The sporty wagon will be placed in a dead region of the upper high hatch, that is the SRV segment where there will be more competition heading, like the Honda Jazz, Toyota Yaris.

The I30 was first a concept code named FD, and now the official images are released. There are some sporty cracks who would like to get their hands on this bad boy and strike the road. But they will have to wait a little. The Hyundai i30 is said to be the hatch of Elantra, just like the SRV which is the hatch of the Optra.
2.jpg1.jpg
The I30 has a choice of 2 engines

Good time to revive this thread! The i30 has been spotted testing in India a couple of times this year... Do you think it's a test mule for components or do you think Hyundai's actually considering bringing the premium hatch here?

Found a quick walkaround giving a closer look at the model sold in international markets

Spy pics source

1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20180309032524_Hyundai_I30_Spy2 copy.jpg

1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20180309032528_Hyundai_I30_Spy3 copy.jpg

1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20180309032529_Hyundai_I30_Spy1 copy.jpg

So it seems the new i30 is on a mission here. Getting the company ready to take on the new BS-VI emission norms. Seen recently around Pune armed with BS-VI emission testing gear by ARAI.  Check out some exclusive spy shots sent to us by our reader Eshaan Patwardhan. 

i301x.jpg

i303x.jpg