Sign in to follow this  
Kuntal

Wheel Alignment & Balancing

Hi All,

So it's almost 11 months since I got my wheel alignment and rotation done. My car is only 23 months and 12,500 kms old and I have not done any balancing yet. Is this the time to get both alignment and balancing done? I got my last alignment done at 7800 kms. Advice.

Also, mumbaikars, any suggestions on a decent wheel alignment centres in western suburbs?

Hey Harikuttan,

It's a 2012 VW Polo. What's your view on balancing? Should I get balancing done every 6 months as well. my usage is really low.

@Kuntal:

The rule here is do an alignment and balancing every 5000 kms and alignment, balancing and wheel rotation every 10000 kms.

This should be done sooner if the road conditions are not really great. Maybe around 3500 kms if it is required.

evenif you dont use much do you should do alignment, depending on the ride of the car. You should check if the car is going straight by leaving the steering at centre, feel any vibrations, gobble, force on the steering while holding the car staight, etc. While checking these I prefer concrete road as there is no outside tapering of the road. Also you shoud visiblly check the tyres for abnormal wear and tear. Alignment and balancing will add to the enjoyment of the ride on your POLO and the car is heavy so alignment should be done timely. The garage usually take responsibility within one week or so and advices next alignment ~ 2000KM