sreeraj

all new innova in 2015 EDIT: Now spied testing in India. Pics included

Toyota has begun testing the Hilux pickup on which the Fortuner is based, If I am not wrong, INnova also is loosely based on it. Lets see when we see a test mule, shuldnt be long.

I hope they bring next gen Fortuner/Innova by next year but I am skeptical.

Like they did with next gen Corolla, I think they will launch these two in 2016, just after the Indian auto expo.

Its hard to improve on perfection, so would be interesting to see the new avatar. I hope it wouldn't be like some current crop of cars who don't deliver so much compared to their previous versions!

Another catch would be that the new Innova will claw in to the next price barrier of 20 lacs, given its popularity and monopoly in the market.

For some reason I am not a big fan of Innova's looks and gear box which feels like a truck's gear box. So hopefully they can bring a better looking car with a gear box with less vibrations. I am sure they have the technology to take the Innova leaps and bounds ahead. But as they say make hay while the sun shines. Why give more to Indian consumers when they are satisfied with this. Why make safety features available at competitive price when Indians can pay more for it considering it a luxury.

Well as luck would have it, the all new Innova (possibly 2015) has been spotted testing in India (Banglore).

Changes visible under camouflage are significant so it doesn't look to be a mere facelift or limited edition. Atleast I don't expect Toyota to do major changes in current model now as all new Innova based on IMV platform is just 1-1.5 yrs away.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/153311-scoop-2015-toyota-innova-spotted-testing-near-bangalore.html

Source: Team-bhp

@Mods: If you think posting link of other auto forums is not allowed then you can remove it.

Love the alloys.. The nose would now be a little elongated vertically to incorporate the air dam.. that means a restyled front bumper.. and Indians love chrome.. so that comes naturally.

From a side profile pic here, it seems that the bonnet is a bit raised from the side fenders.. that should give it a nice mean look.

There are changes to the rear glass design too... and comes like an inverted trapezoid.. would make the last bench claustrophobic..

Apart from these visible changes, the lights would both get a LED treatment..

Eager to see this without the camouflage.. This will sure hit the 20 lacs bracket with this facelift/makeover... Not sure if this would be worth it... but it'll still sell

Edited by neerajd

Toyota should give the innova a new engine or atleast tune the engine for some more performance...the current innova engine runs out of breath on the highway..........toyota was planning a 2.5 litre engine with 140 horse power for the fortuner...rather than doing that,toyota can plonk that engine in the innova to convince buyers the price it is commanding over the competition.

Nice observation neerajd,

I too noticed the Mitsubishi Outlander-ish D-pillar that would make it less airy inside, but rather stylish. The styling is evolutionary and Toyota certainly doesn't want to kill its cash cow! This new version is sure to take the story forward, and Toyota would have another "excuse" to price it further up!

Now there certainly would be a void in the MUV scene in the lower price bracket and Toyota could carry on selling its current model for the faithful Taxiwallahs.

Few months back the buzz was around TNGA that will make Toyotas cars lighter and will be its new platform.

New Innova and New Fortuner and a Fortuner based pick up were to launch in late 2015 -early 2016

Now we have this.

My take is this tease has still a long way to go.

Also Toyota has a clear focus on Premium segment , entry level segment will continue to be neglected for obvious reasons.

Good to see an all new Innova testing after the multiple facelifts over the years. Its taken a decade for the next gen Innova to see the light of day. My only wish for now is that they should offer an automatic variant for India. They sell those in other countries like Indonesia etc. so there shouldnt be a problem to offer one here

Toyota seems to be targeting the premium market. This one would surely be priced around 20L. The new alloys looks good. However the front looks too bulky to me. Side profile looks good.. Good design overall.

@Leorahi, 20L is too close to Fortuner territory. If the Innova is that pricey they might just lose the whole "T" business. 20L for a car like Innova that is nothing but a people mover (personal opinion, have driven one for a long time) is exorbitant. Innova cannot justify that price tag with its lacklustre engine and truck like gearbox.

It is longer and roomier than the current one on the road. Front face is going to be more towards as an SUV rather than MUV. I would be really disappointed if Toyota would increase the price and make it more like into the Fortuner territory.

@Leorahi, 20L is too close to Fortuner territory. If the Innova is that pricey they might just lose the whole "T" business. 20L for a car like Innova that is nothing but a people mover (personal opinion, have driven one for a long time) is exorbitant. Innova cannot justify that price tag with its lacklustre engine and truck like gearbox.

If they price it anywhere near 15L it would really surprise me.

I've a feeling Toyota is losing the battle here.

New Innova will be a bit pricier than current one.

However, if one notices how Toyota model Indian lineup is stacked, price wise Innova sits below Corolla Altis (has always been).

Liva < Etios < Innova < Corolla < Fortuner < Camry < Prius < Prado < Land Cruiser

There is already 2 lac difference between top end Innova (14.9 lac) and top end Corolla (16.9 lac).

So my guess is next gen Innova top end should not cross 16 lac ex-showroom Delhi.

Innova/Fortuner are cash cows for Toyota India and they are well aware of this and won't like to kill them.

Let's see how things fare out.

seems inova is refreshed and get bold and beautiful as well as its eligent

team toyota do not go above than 16l tag it will kill inova lovers to buy inova in such prise point there should happen tie in fortuner and inova.

alloys are the best

over all design is best

new iconinc nose lets hope best

tail gate new tretment hope the best

Hi As the New innova is on Anvil ,

What you would like to Add or delete on this New Upcoming Innova ?

As we know we already have Version from Basic model to Luxurious versions .

Don't limit your imaginations. Finally we need to have practical suggestions .

LETS SUM UP

Hi like to have Additinol 10 inches of Rear luggage area when all seats In position ,

Better Entry & Exit into 3rd row of seat ,

Lower floor

Automatic gearbox

4x4 with 2.5 litre diesel Auto gearbox slotted in between. Innova & Fortuner

For 20 laks ex show room

There is a possibility of increase in power upto 190 bhp

(( When 2.2 litre diesel in Hyundai Santafe can generate 190 bhp ? ))

2.5 litre Innova should generate 175 minimum to Maximum 200 bhp

Anyone interested?