Sign in to follow this  
ameyam

Front speakers for Wagon R old

Hi,

The front speakers in my Wagon R vxi 2008 are buzzing & need replacing. Please suggest good speakers that arent very expensive. I am looking for clear sound, a lot of bass is not really needed

Ameyam

Try buying the reputed company speaker from their authorized dealer or their showrooms(Reliance auto marts etc). Auto shops will sell you the fake ones which are almost exact replica of the original ones.

Try any good quality coxial speakers of companies like jbl, sony, pioneer etc they will not charge you a lot for better sounded speakers. Else you can order them online to avail some benefits of attractive discounts and get them fit with local market it will also make surety of genuine product and keep you away from the greedy dealers.

Did some research yesterday. The main issue was the possibility of not being able to refit the dash grille once the speakers are installed as the tweeter projects too far out of the cone. However, the speakers already installed have a tweeter standing 6mm or so out of the cone. I found literature for Jbl gto048 that have its teweeter 6mm out but no idea on polk. Can anyone advice / confirm?

Ameyam

Do consider sound stream. I wanted a co-axial rear fill for my polo and got a pair for 2.1k with lifetime warranty. Sound quality is pretty decent. You would not regret.

I bought and installed Polk speakers. Had to grind off one mounting corner to fit in the Wagon R's egg shaped dash socket. Fits nicely and works very wall. Handles bass very well without distortion. Have a look at this pic

post-71971-0-49730800-1408805190_thumb.j

post-71971-0-03316900-1408805200_thumb.j