Sign in to follow this  
bhavneet

Swift Vdi (2013) EGR Valve clean

Guys,

Since my ride has clocked 30,000 Kms, the service adviser at MASS advised me to get this EGR valve cleaned during the regular servicing. The total expense he said was 3000/- . Due to time shortage I skipped this. Can I wait till the next service interval to get this done? any major impact that this might have on the performance? And are the charges quoted by the adviser correct? :wacko:

Easy bit Bhavneet. You can also do that yourself too (If you have a bit of knowledge of the mechanics).

Though doing it at service centre is better but as far the price is concerned I think it's high. Shouldn't charge above 1.5k for that. And you should do it ASAP, Chances of mechanical fails.

EDIT : Here's how to do it (Don't do it if you've minimal knowledge about these stuffs): http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-EGR-Valve

Edited by LeoRahi

@Bhavneet: it is very important as EGR is process in which your exhuast gases are recyled into intake which leave valves sticky. If you would ignore it for longer period you would be looking for mechanical failure.