Sign in to follow this  
Kuntal

Double Din head unit upgrade for 2012 Polo

Hello all,

Advice required to upgrade my head unit on my 2012 VW Polo. I require something that complements the aesthetics of the dash.

Budget- 12k

Requirement: BT phone capability with A2DP, USB and AUX.

Researched a bit and came across a brand called Worldtech available on Olx and ebay. There is one year warranty on the product.

Try out Blaupunkt New Orleans 220 2DIN Unit. Its available for around 9k and has excellent sound quality and also has OEM looks with all the features you need. If you like a touchscreen music system then Sony-XAV65 and Pioneer-AVHX169 should also fit you're bill as they too cost near 12k and have all the required features.

@Diptanshu

Thank you for your suggestion. The new orleans 220 looks good but does not seem to have Bluetooth for phone connectivity or A2DP. Neither does the Sony nor Pioneer.

Can you recommend something else.

Dont go for worldtech. In your budget I suggest go for a single din Pioneer DEH-X8650 BT or if you have made up your mind for a double din, then FH-X759BT should be your choice. The difference is 759 BT has 2 pre outs and 8650 BT has 3 pre outs. I suggest go for x8650 BT. Or increase your budget and get a touchscreen headunit B) .

One of my friends has the FH-X759BT installed in his H.City. Personally, I feel it looks very tacky. I guess the Blaunpunkt New Jersey 220 BT is one option. But I don't know where to get it from as I could not find it online.

I am a big fan of Blaupunkt, my ride is full "Blaupunkted" except for the head unit. Over the years I have spent researching the car audio market, I conclude that for headunits Pioneer and Alpine are the best. Dont judge the head unit just by looks, I also suggested go for a good single din option. I don't really see a logic of a double din HU unless its a multimedia touch screen unit.